Hacking Anyone in the UK know where to buy an N3DSXL 9.2 or below?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I need to buy one quite quickly but don't want to purchase one online, it has to be in a shop somewhere, around the midlands would help. Does anyone know which shops would sell one under 9.4 without me going out with my 3DS adapter and asking all the shops can I test the unit before I buy?. I have heard Argos have old units on 9.0 but I would imagine its hard to ask Argos can I plug it in and make sure before I buy, its a tad embarrassing. I have a copy of OOT so that's OK I just need the unit. Can anyone help me out, thanks :)

Edit: I wanted a Metallic Blue Unit.

Captain Charisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argos have a no refund policy on consoles, so it's a bit difficult. As far as online I ordered a Metallic Black XL on shopto website yesterday and it arrived today, FW 9.0.
I also have a launch Metallic Blue XL on 9.0 with Hori Screen Protectors, so if you're interested in a mint but used blue n3dsxl...I guess we can work something out.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argos have a no refund policy on consoles, so it's a bit difficult. As far as online I ordered a Metallic Black XL on shopto website yesterday and it arrived today, FW 9.0.
I also have a launch Metallic Blue XL on 9.0 with Hori Screen Protectors, so if you're interested in a mint but used blue n3dsxl...I guess we can work something out.

I saw your comment in the thread and I had a look earlier on the website I thought maybe they had shops but not, shame. At least you did get one. :) I would go to Argos but again like you said its a chance you take and I didn't really want to take a chance and have to mess about doing a return which they would say nothing is wrong with the item go away! :(

atuk3sannoydeuser. Yeah that's a major bummer but this is my issue I have heard now that shops have the new stock units in on as yours did 9.4 or either they have been told to update all units on site! I really did hope someone could tell me a dead certain buy!

Thanks guys for your comments but it does seem its becoming quite a challenge to get one now, shop way! :) If I can help it I don't like to buy expensive items such as this online. I'm old school tbh and like to buy in shops so no hassle on returns or if you have an issue.

uk3dsannoyeduser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would not be surprised if the updated the units on site. I specifically asked about the return policy when I bought mine.

the guy said as long as its sealed I have a 30 day return. I figure it will be fw 9, get it home and it's not sealed!

I thought about contacting game but what am I gonna say?
Yeah I have a perfectly functioning N3DS but I want to send it back because it's unsealed?

uk3dsannoyeduser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about getting another but he thought of selling multiple 9.3> units on ebay is enough to put me off!

I've ordered a sky3DS and will probably stick to offline games with that until the current arms race calms down.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I need to buy one quite quickly but don't want to purchase one online, it has to be in a shop somewhere, around the midlands would help. Does anyone know which shops would sell one under 9.4 without me going out with my 3DS adapter and asking all the shops can I test the unit before I buy?. I have heard Argos have old units on 9.0 but I would imagine its hard to ask Argos can I plug it in and make sure before I buy, its a tad embarrassing. I have a copy of OOT so that's OK I just need the unit. Can anyone help me out, thanks :)

Edit: I wanted a Metallic Blue Unit.
eBay :P

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would not be surprised if the updated the units on site. I specifically asked about the return policy when I bought mine.

the guy said as long as its sealed I have a 30 day return. I figure it will be fw 9, get it home and it's not sealed!

I thought about contacting game but what am I gonna say?
Yeah I have a perfectly functioning N3DS but I want to send it back because it's unsealed?

That's my worry soon as you have bought the unit and got it back and it is on 9.4 or above you are knackered because as long as the unit is in perfect working order you have no chance of a return.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
I could suggest having a look on ShopTo, it's £170 on there and imo I don't see why they wouldn't be on fw <9.2.
The only problem is, as with pretty much all shops, it has to be sealed to be valid for a refund. I suppose having a look at the serial number before you open it could help and you could use the serial numbers thread on this forum as a reference.

Btw I'm pretty sure this thread is in the wrong section...

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys thanks for the reply's but my question was, it needs to be a shop I can buy one in the midlands (Birmingham would be nice), Game, Grainger games, Argos, CEX, anywhere within the uk, not online, this was my point to begin with just to be clear, if I could buy one online I would not be asking. :)

Anyone from the UK that has recently bought a N3DSXL in a shop in the uk that was below 9.4x and I can go straight to and purchase a unit from?

Edit: the reason why I posted in this thread was because I need it to be on 9.2 or below to use with a Gateway card and a copy of Oot, if I had posted in the other thread, consoles etc.. some others may of got confused so I thought it was best posted in the flashcard section for maximum and the fastest result.

nintendosensei

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a shame really, I got a 9.0 New XL in blue but I wish I got the N3DS instead and finding people for a trade is a bit of a bugger!

When I wanted a Jtaggable xbox I just used to pester people on ebay and ask them to tell me the system software version number until I found what I wanted. Long winded but it works, did the same for 3DS too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/