Hardware Anyone in the NL imported a PAL NEW 3DS XL ?

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I am thinking of importing a PAL New 3DS XL and would like to know if anyone from here that lives inside the Netherlands has experience doing so?

The questions I have:
- Where did you order ?
- How long did the delivery take ?
- Did you have to pay any other fees/tax and how much?
- Is the new 3ds worth it ?

Guys in neighboring countries (EU) are also welcome to answer my questions :)

Thanks in advance,

D

Deleted-355425

Hi guys,

I am thinking of importing a PAL New 3DS XL and would like to know if anyone from here that lives inside the Netherlands has experience doing so?

The questions I have:
- Where did you order ?
- How long did the delivery take ?
- Did you have to pay any other fees/tax and how much?
- Is the new 3ds worth it ?

Guys in neighboring countries (EU) are also welcome to answer my questions :)

Thanks in advance,

365games.co.uk
3 days
no import tax as they are in the UK
fuck 2 the YES

Reactions: lolboy

da1e85

Trophies
XP
I got mine from play Asia
No import tax
3 day delivery
I live in Germany
It is worth it all though I have about 1-2mm play in the screen left and right

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also bought mine from playasia.
No import tax
3 days also
Live in UK.
if your going to use the 3d effect a lot and if you want to play titles like Xenoblade chronicles then yes

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks guys for the reply.

So, in Germany and UK no extra fees or taxes if one order from play asia, i wonder if the same applies for us in NL.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the Netherlands FedEx sends you an invoice by mail with import taxes at a later time (normally a week) if you buy through Play-Asia, read this on tweakers and budgetgaming for about 8 people and they all got the invoice.

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for you guys not to have to pay import taxes in the EU (from Asia)? Do you have to pay VAT? In Switzerland we pay approximately 14 EUR + 8% order value (including shipping).

aresary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the Netherlands FedEx sends you an invoice by mail with import taxes at a later time (normally a week) if you buy through Play-Asia, read this on tweakers and budgetgaming for about 8 people and they all got the invoice.

thats right.
living in Germany, preordered from play-asia. payed 218€. 3 weeks after receiving my new 3ds xl, i got an invoice with 54€ from fedex.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth:

Play Asia
4 days
Usa/Chicago - no import tax but they did call and ask if the device emits or alters radio waves

It's totally worth it to me even though I already have a 4.5 xl. The 3d system is greatly improved using the front camera to track your eyes and adjusts so it's always perfect 3d even at max affect. The screens are a bit larger, the volume is louder, the battery life is longer and the system itself is much faster. I can see homebrew eventually taking great advantage of the systems power! While da1e85 has 1-2mm of play (which imo is far too much and defective) mine has less than half a millimeter of movement of and which feels normal on my system. (I'm a mechanic and deal with minute measurements daily enough to accurately estimate my system hinge play)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to pay import tax in Europe
the question is:

Does customs pick your package to check what's in it!!!

If it does then you have to pay the taxes, if not, you are lucky!
Also if the catch you, your name comes in a database and all next packages will get checked (i know cause i used to import alot of consoles from asia in the past for personal collectors use)
I got caught 1 time and had to pay import taxes, since then every package ordered from outside Europe was openend and i had to pay taxes (and in Belgium if it gets picked out you pay alot of taxes, if you don't the package gets destroyed)
(I have a few letters of packages i refused to pay taxes where the told the had to inform me that the packages was gonna be destroyd)

Also the don't care about the value given on the package or the message gift, if the open your package the take the highest price it would cost and calculate on that your tax, that's why i refused some to pay, i payed 50 euro and the paper i got said value 189euro and i had to pay more then i had payed for it (almost 60 euro)

So i don't order anything from outside europe, if i do order something i ask if the shipping is from within europe (some european sellers ship there goods from Asia)

[EDIT] the cost can go higher cause you have to pay for all there administrative work to!, so it can go as high as 50% of what you payed.

You can fight the customs bill send by DHL or another delivery company when the send you the papers with custom tax to pay before delivery, i did it the last time, i refused to pay DHL unless the could give me the paperwork from customes with official stamps and i called customs to ask if DHL could ask me to pay the custom taxes to them, the could not, only official custom papers send to you in an official enveloppe from customs could order you to pay and why, so after alot of arguments i had to pay only paperwork to DHL and never got a copy of the customs letter the so called had!

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to pay import tax in Europe
the question is:

Does customs pick your package to check what's in it!!!

If it does then you have to pay the taxes, if not, you are lucky!
Also if the catch you, your name comes in a database and all next packages will get checked (i know cause i used to import alot of consoles from asia in the past for personal collectors use)
I got caught 1 time and had to pay import taxes, since then every package ordered from outside Europe was openend and i had to pay taxes (and in Belgium if it gets picked out you pay alot of taxes, if you don't the package gets destroyed)
(I have a few letters of packages i refused to pay taxes where the told the had to inform me that the packages was gonna be destroyd)

Also the don't care about the value given on the package or the message gift, if the open your package the take the highest price it would cost and calculate on that your tax, that's why i refused some to pay, i payed 50 euro and the paper i got said value 189euro and i had to pay more then i had payed for it (almost 60 euro)

So i don't order anything from outside europe, if i do order something i ask if the shipping is from within europe (some european sellers ship there goods from Asia)

[EDIT] the cost can go higher cause you have to pay for all there administrative work to!, so it can go as high as 50% of what you payed.

You can fight the customs bill send by DHL or another delivery company when the send you the papers with custom tax to pay before delivery, i did it the last time, i refused to pay DHL unless the could give me the paperwork from customes with official stamps and i called customs to ask if DHL could ask me to pay the custom taxes to them, the could not, only official custom papers send to you in an official enveloppe from customs could order you to pay and why, so after alot of arguments i had to pay only paperwork to DHL and never got a copy of the customs letter the so called had!

Thank you for sharing this. I dont really wanna pay 50+ on taxes or import costs. I currently have 2 3DS xl and one of them 4.5, so not in much hurry in getting the new one.

The reason I want new 3ds is because most of them come with firmware below 9.3 and i could use it with gateway (if they ever release) otherwise when they release in europe the chances are big it will have firmware above 9.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended