Anyone here felt MGS5 was kinda... crap?

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a fanboy of MGS, I felt it was incomplete and a bit disappointing in terms of story and content variety like most people but this is one of the best stealth games i ever played if not the best, i dare say i love it more than i did Thief 2 on PC back in the day and the FOX engine is super impressive.
I think it was worth my money im still playing it at 85% for the S ranks after 170 hours and I'm curious about Metal Gear Online 3 although I normally dislike online games.
Overall i feel MGSV leaves off so the next game has something to pickup from and it seems like a lost chance at a better game if it had just a little more to it, the system is there but lacks in variety ... it can get there with expansion / DLC areas and missions but as Konami focus is Mobile and Gambling market nowadays i really don't hope it to happen.

It probably felt incomplete because... it was incomplete. Seriously, that's not a joke.

Konami: "Hey, Kojima. You know how we're firing you when this game is done?"
Kojima: "Yeah, you told me about that. My team's about two thirds done with the game. We still have the last act to do and bug testing, but when all is finished, this should be the greatest..."
Konami: "Nope, nope nope nope."
Kojima: "What do you mean, 'nope' "?
Konami: "This game's done. Now. Right now."
Kojima: "But it doesn't make any sense to release it like..."
Konami: "IT'S DONE! WE WANT GAMBLING GAMES!"
Kojima: "But..."
Konami: "Done done done!" Jams fingers in ears "La la la, I can't hear youuuuu!"
Kojima: "Oh, for the love of Snake..."

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It probably felt incomplete because... it was incomplete. Seriously, that's not a joke.

Konami: "Hey, Kojima. You know how we're firing you when this game is done?"
Kojima: "Yeah, you told me about that. My team's about two thirds done with the game. We still have the last act to do and bug testing, but when all is finished, this should be the greatest..."
Konami: "Nope, nope nope nope."
Kojima: "What do you mean, 'nope' "?
Konami: "This game's done. Now. Right now."
Kojima: "But it doesn't make any sense to release it like..."
Konami: "IT'S DONE! WE WANT GAMBLING GAMES!"
Kojima: "But..."
Konami: "Done done done!" Jams fingers in ears "La la la, I can't hear youuuuu!"
Kojima: "Oh, for the love of Snake..."
Yeah i know it was incomplete, it was evident by the time you finish all the main ops. I wouldn't feel so much this way if mission 51 was there and more than a Boss Fight
Super Bunnyhop's review of the game is the most sincere i have seen so far.
Still its a super good game and if Konami was half smart they would squeeze the Fox Engine's investment as much as possible by start doing some DLC that freaking matters for TPP, license the engine and games to other teams that want them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off