Hardware Anyone has problems with ps4 pro TV compatibility/performance?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in recent events, the playstation 4 pro was released a few days ago, it features a 1TB HDD, 5GHZ wifi, Higher performance and updated video quality using HDR and 4K gaming for selected games (some will require updates)

There been recent events about not having it setup properly to display on tv causeing incapatibilites, as well as not improving game performance but actually reducing it. So i just want to know if you have the system to document your experience if there was any issues. Most people are saying unless the issues are resolved somehow, to hold off on buying or if you have one, to not fully indulge into it yet (probably no system transfer from old to new) I also like to know, cause i want to get one, but if i can't even use it yet for some unknown reason like a update waiting to happen, please share any info.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
From what I read, the issue is seemingly straight up random. People have reported TVs of the same model both working and not working, the same with soundbars and other audio setups as well. The Xbox One S had similar issues actually, and IIRC the issue was fixed by a firmware update. So most likely it'd be best to wait for a firmware update from Sony, which I imagine won't take very long regardless (I'm guessing it'll be fixed by next week). Supposedly a temporary fix is going into safemode and setting HDCP to 1.4 instead of 2.2.

But the display issues appear to only affect 4K+HDR setups, so assuming you don't have a 4K TV you won't have this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb