Hardware Anyone else having trouble with Nyko Wii U pad Battery?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok tried the official one out today with ww hd played for 4 hours than shut it off didn't charge. played for about another 3 hours later than had to turn it off cos started to get headache :P
looked at the battery meter...it's still FULL!!!

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
Curiously after opening up the battery compartment to shockingly find a battery half the size of the space. I find that to be taking the piss on the nintendo's part. They create a gamepad with a large space for a large battery and they put in a battery 50% of the space size so they can later release a battery for intended size of the compartment to rob more money off of us. That's devious, I've lost a little respect for Nintendo for that.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curiously after opening up the battery compartment to shockingly find a battery half the size of the space. I find that to be taking the piss on the nintendo's part. They create a gamepad with a large space for a large battery and they put in a battery 50% of the space size so they can later release a battery for intended size of the compartment to rob more money off of us. That's devious, I've lost a little respect for Nintendo for that.
This was done to shave cost off of the initial price point of the system. It's not some devious trick to get more money out of you. They get plenty of money out of you from software; Nintendo isn't a battery company.

Marcb

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
buying cheap knock offs from hong kong...it's your gamepad your risking :P

I don't think it's bad quality... it's not that cheap compared to the official one...
I've seen a lot of people that bought this exact battery and are happy with it... they say it lasts longer than the 1500mah stock... I don't know how it compares to the official 2550mah or the Nyko 4000mah though...

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would just get the official extended battery from Nintendo. Usually accessories this early in the consoles life will lack in quality. I remember the first 3rd party Wii remotes... Never gonna make that mistake again.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario 3D world really put this battey to the test this weekend and all I can say is WOW.

This thing is a beast. No scientific test but it lasted all freaking day. The gamepad went on the charger a couple brief times, bathroom breaks or meal, but I was definitely impressed. I think the gamepad is at full brightness the entire time as well. In the evening I did finally get a low battery light and used my uBoost. It went strong the rest of the night as well after removing the uboost. It would have been good to go the next day too but no one put it on the charger. But I swapped in my original battery which still had a full charge after sitting for months and was fine.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nyko stopped selling their battery, as only one Gamestop far away from me has it. It is no longer listed on the Nyko website either. I had Gamestop do a store transfer, as it'll cost 15 bucks once in stock. I figure for that price if the battery ends up sucking I'm not really out much money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...