United States

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there! I bought this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Cooler-Cool-Coolin...VQQcmdZViewItem

You know... it makes a lot of noise (it's even louder than my old fat ps2 for example)
So i dont recomend you (at least this one)
I'm also using mine only after a few days in standby mode, about 10 or 15 min. just to refresh a bit but, as soon as i feel that my wii get's colder (i take out that noisy piece of shit)
Well i hope everything will be fine with your wii exchange (if you were in my country, that we dont have even nintendo but "Concentra" you woud be in some deep shit man! They are very rude and generally not willing to do anything with the costumer or the brand (nintendo) that they do represent.
For example i had a screen problem with my ds lite and those cunts refused to change it! only after some pressure of a consumers association named "Deco" they accepted to exchange but, it's a shame here in Portugal...
Well whatever....
But tell me more did you get that after some weeks of playing ? Do you used to play several hours? Did you noticed that, only in a few games or everywere? Are you a standby mode user??
I'm sorry to ask so much, but i'm interested in your case as it seems that as far as i know you are not the only one and i might have to deal with concentra as well (as a few mates that started to experience this problem).
I wish you good luck with your case mate
grog.gif

Well Deco...
hate2.gif

it's just like some old whitesnake track... "here i go again on my on...
wtf.gif

comapro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could you fix your link (it has ... instead of the actual link text)?

Yeah I was worried about noise being an issue too. Thanks for the info. Well I noticed the problem about 3 weeks ago in Wii Sports but I didn't think too much of it. Then I saw it in WarioWare a bit, and it was really really bad in Zelda when there's fog on the screen. I got the Wii on the last Sunday in November (USA). I honestly don't play it that much. Maybe once a week for an hour. I always leave it in standby and I have noticed that it gets pretty hot on the bottom, but not too hot to touch. I originally had it standing up but then I thought laying it flat would help. There was no difference.

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i believe that there might be some sort of relation between what hapened to your wii, and the heat of standby mode (i always turn on mine everyday a litle, to refresh the heat generated in standby mode.
If you only played more or less once a week, leaving it in standby mode and in that position (i mean the horizontal one)that could have some relation, i mean, there were users that also reported that their consoles became even more overheated but, as also, i saw lots of reports stating that everything goes fine...
So i believe that it might bee some manufacturing issue (but one cannot avail the real extension of this problem...)
It should be nintendo to pull out some truth but ... i guess we will wait until "saint Never's day" for some truth.
I think i started also to see sometimes some 1 or 2 dots apearing and disapearing (isolated) but like this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdWnsw3Yckc

But i guess i'm fried in hell, cause as i told you before this is Portugal and we dont have Nintendo (only Concentra to represent them) there was even a petition http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/nintendoportugal directed to nintendo to finish their contract with Concentra but they dont really care as we are a small country (wich in their point of view) equals to a small market so they don't really care.
As for the fan link you asked me to correct , go for the second link that you gave in your initial post.
Thank you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming it is not just dust and air vents are good USB fans tend to do little more than cool the case unless you can get it blowing directly into the internals (something that would be a little bit difficult for a standard Wii), still it can not really be worse than my n64 3rd party expansion pack cooling (one bag of ice and desktop fan).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.