ROM Hack Anybody interested in Shin Megami Tensei 1 GBA fantrad ?

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been doing some rom hacking with this game to the point I have full control on what it's doing and displaying.
I figured I could work on an english version of this one using existing english trads.
I can put a few screenshots of proof of concept tonight (translation and rom manipulation).
Cheers

SNES vs GBA
smt-momsfc.png
smt-momgba.png

smt-mapsfc.png
smt-mapgba.png

smt-comparesfc.png
smt-comparegba.png

Last edited by HiD,

Red_Slash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dunno about most people (I take many don't even know SMT these days, Persona kinda stole the limelight from it in an unfair way) but I certainly would like to see the GBA ports translated, since they look cleaner and the interface is a lot friendlier. I don't know how I could help, but you can contact me if you think you'll need playtesting and such. Also, if possible I suggest you use the current demon family nomenclatures to ease the familiarity (and probably save some space).

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Minor differences and sidequests aside, I'd say the PS1 version would be a better contender for a fan translation. With it looks better and all. If you do go along with this, Atlus USA has released an official translation for this version of the game on iOS. It's not emulation, but a port, but you can still probably use the script.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the snes version, and got horribly lost/ confused. but i'd probably be willing to play through a translation again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.