Anybody here good at drawing walking animations?

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on a project by myself, and well, uh. It's not been going so good. But, I had this pretty good character sprite I had drawn, and I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips or anything on how to draw the walking animations for it. I already have animations for shooting and whatnot, and the way I drew it, I could just copy and paste the legs, no prob. If anybody could help, that would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Heres the picture
ZAJQMT8.png

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and I forgot to add in the post, if this is important to anybody, I made the animation temperarily just a bouncing animation. Personally, I don't like it, all it is is the standing animation going up and down.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not good at drawing, I remember seeing some nice animations on that flipnote thing on DSI, i watched bunch of them, they were fun, my favorite was stick fighting. Look like stick people but fight like anime or video game characters. But i'm also curious, is anyone here at capturing game sprite animations or just backgrounds in general, maybe for like overlays and stuff?:unsure:

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not good at drawing, I remember seeing some nice animations on that flipnote thing on DSI, i watched bunch of them, they were fun, my favorite was stick fighting. Look like stick people but fight like anime or video game characters. But i'm also curious, is anyone here at capturing game sprite animations or just backgrounds in general, maybe for like overlays and stuff?:unsure:
I don't know. I tried making it look like megaman's walking animation but that looked, well, akward. The leg was like all the way to the left, and it just looked like his legs were tied up. I think maybe. Have you tried going onto the spriters resource and just copy and pasting the keyframes into photoshop or gimp? IDK just a guess though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I tried making it look like megaman's walking animation but that looked, well, akward. The leg was like all the way to the left, and it just looked like his legs were tied up. I think maybe. Have you tried going onto the spriters resource and just copy and pasting the keyframes into photoshop or gimp? IDK just a guess though.
You mean the walking animation from the ending in mega man 2 on nes? Where he walks into the fore ground? Well i mean i dunno many software to edit or do animations like that but i remember shockwave flash being popular. Going to new grounds and watching a bunch of them like Final fantasy sonic X Lol. That why i mentioned flip note, maybe it easier to animate stuff on it, probably why so many was made using it.

Knucklesfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the walking animation from the ending in mega man 2 on nes? Where he walks into the fore ground? Well i mean i dunno many software to edit or do animations like that but i remember shockwave flash being popular. Going to new grounds and watching a bunch of them like Final fantasy sonic X Lol. That why i mentioned flip note, maybe it easier to animate stuff on it, probably why so many was made using it.
Nah, I'm talking about the animation that he uses, you know, to like, walk XD. I'm redrawing it right now, maybe I can make it look decent

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling