Emulation Any way to link DS lite slot GBA game to a PC emulator?

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am asking this question because I own legit carts of Leafgreen and Emerald. I want to get the event items associated with each game, on the real cart, but I don't want to spend at least 60$ on a action replay when I am going to only use it once. I am not a cheating type, I just want to access content that I am locked out of for no good reason. One of the events never even came to america, but it is fully translated. All I need to do is get a ROM hack with the mystery gift items enabled, share them to my games, and access them in game. That's simple enough for DS, with it's wifi function, but GBA was a bit backward, and still relied on cables like the oldschool GB. There was a WIFI adapter, but it wasn't integrated.

I know I need to jump thru hoops to get this done, and it is much easier to just get it done via desume with the dual slot feature, but I want to get this done legit. As it was intended. So, GBATEMP, any ways I can get this done right now?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
its simply enough if you use a DS flashcart...
since you have a ds lite..
you can backup\restore, and edit the saves..

and its the best and easiest way...

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its simply enough if you use a DS flashcart...
since you have a ds lite..
you can backup\restore, and edit the saves..

and its the best and easiest way...
I have a R4. Post a link to a guide? Not good at finding these things, everytime I try looking up anything on my R4, I get outdated links that don't work and just pop up more questions

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have a R4. Post a link to a guide? Not good at finding these things, everytime I try looking up anything on my R4, I get outdated links that don't work and just pop up more questions
http://gamebrew.org/wiki/GBA_Backup_Tool
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-backup-tool-0-21-f3228.html

(both links are the same)

gba backup tool, you can copy the save to the r4..
after got the save, you can use some save editor to inject the events on the save (like the eon ticket)

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gamebrew.org/wiki/GBA_Backup_Tool
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-backup-tool-0-21-f3228.html

(both links are the same)

gba backup tool, you can copy the save to the r4..
after got the save, you can use some save editor to inject the events on the save (like the eon ticket)
I don't have GBA cart tho, just a R4 3ds cart that also works for older DS models. Will this still work? And I heard the only way to share eon tickets in Emerald is to mix records with someone who has it on their Ruby/Sapphire games(which I am not planning on getting), will I be able to share it to my game cart still? I have no idea how mystery gift works in GEN3

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't have GBA cart tho, just a R4 3ds cart that also works for older DS models. Will this still work? And I heard the only way to share eon tickets in Emerald is to mix records with someone who has it on their Ruby/Sapphire games(which I am not planning on getting), will I be able to share it to my game cart still? I have no idea how mystery gift works in GEN3

you use a DS flashcart (like the r4) to grab the save from your real pokemon cartridge using that tool i gave you

if you want to go legit, then don't get the events at all, there is no such thing as "legit as possible" its just data... data either is the same or not...
but i do understand what you want..

if you want to go really legit, you must grab a E reader from ebay, a second gba, and a link cable, then get E reader event cards like the EON ticket
eon ticket was distributed as a real card
but that path can be really expensive,

however most events are not available anymore.. and the only way to get them is through save editing...
there are several pkmn files wich are a replica of the events, and its the closest thing you can do as "legit" there is no edited stuff, its a copy of the original...

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you use a DS flashcart (like the r4) to grab the save from your real pokemon cartridge using that tool i gave you

if you want to go legit, then don't get the events at all, there is no such thing as "legit as possible" its just data... data either is the same or not...

if you want to go really legit, you must grab a E reader from ebay, a second gba, and a link cable, then get E reader event cards like the EON ticket

however most events are not available anymore.. and the only way to get them is through save editing...
there are several pkmn files wich are a replica of the events, and its the closest thing you can do as "legit" there is no edited stuff, its a copy of the original...
lol no thanks. I was planning to get this done with the custom E READER cards that Team Fail is working on, but that would require me to spend more money on a E reader and a actual GBA. Those pokemon aren't worth it.

So you are offering me a link to a program that will edit save data for my GBA games thru my R4 cart, correct? All I have to do then is beat the elite 4 on my cart, then save and do a bit of work with the program? Sounds perfect. I guess that is as close as I am going to get to DLC content on those old games. Makes me appreciate all the wonders we have today with current gen consoles.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can vouch for this method. I legitimately 'completed' FR/LG and Ruby/Sapphire retail carts using GBA Backup tool on my Acekard, opening the saves in VBA on my pc to "unlock" certain things, then flashing it back to the retail carts with GBA Backup tool.
It was essential to complete certain things - especially considering my Sapphire battery had died and time-based events were no longer occurring.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So you are offering me a link to a program that will edit save data for my GBA games thru my R4 cart, correct?
no, i gave you a program that makes a backup of your gba game\save
that program allows you to get a .sav file from your game to use it on the computer or emulators
(it just copies\writes the save, it doesn't edit it)

after you use it, you get a .sav file, then you have to open that file on a editor on your computer,

after you edit on your computer, you can put the save back to the cart using that same tool i just gave you
you can even make a copy of the save, so you don't loose it or if you want to clean the events you can just restore the old one

EDITED TO ADD: as a side note, the program is writen in a bad translated english, if you need help, send me a PM, and i will explain step by step

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can vouch for this method. I legitimately 'completed' FR/LG and Ruby/Sapphire retail carts using GBA Backup tool on my Acekard, opening the saves in VBA on my pc to "unlock" certain things, then flashing it back to the retail carts with GBA Backup tool.
It was essential to complete certain things - especially considering my Sapphire battery had died and time-based events were no longer occurring.
What does that mean? My emerald battery has run dry

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i gave you a program that makes a backup of your gba game\save
that program allows you to get a .sav file from your game to use it on the computer or emulators
(it just copies\writes the save, it doesn't edit it)

after you use it, you get a .sav file, then you have to open that file on a editor on your computer,

after you edit on your computer, you can put the save back to the cart using that same tool i just gave you
you can even make a copy of the save, so you don't loose it or if you want to clean the events you can just restore the old one

EDITED TO ADD: as a side note, the program is writen in a bad translated english, if you need help, send me a PM, and i will explain step by step
Cool. Alright, thanks.

Unrelated: Are you actually from north korea? If so, Damn. Should you even be here? It takes some balls to risk your life like this

Reactions: migles

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
What does that mean? My emerald battery has run dry
it means some events that require the clock will not work, for example you can't grow berries...

if you want to solve that problem you need to replace the battery, but you need someone that knows how to repair electronics to do it, because you need to solder it...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Cool. Alright, thanks.

Unrelated: Are you actually from north korea? If so, Damn. Should you even be here? It takes some balls to risk your life like this
no, i am not from north korea

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"that island"? I don't care about the berries. As long as the game saves fine, I don't care
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mirage_Island
this island, but it is extremly hard, and based on luck for it to appear

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

BobDavis69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duwen, what cheats did you use for the emulator? Also, what did you do to get the mystery gift items? I know you can cheat them to your inventory, but if possible, I want them given to me by the guy in the store like it was intended to be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bump: Edit

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember exactly which codes I used (as it was quite a few years ago I last dabbled with the gen3's), but I grabbed a FAQ from GameFAQs that was loads of Gameshark/AR codes for Ruby/Sapphire that worked with my save files, ripped from legit carts, loaded up in VisualBoyAdvance on my pc.

Example: this is the code to always make Mirage Island appear -
Code:
With this code on, Mirage Island will always be on route 130.

61260541 1EB19C53

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I would consider it legit (piracy aside) if he used VBA-M with the e-reader ROM and a dump of the e-reader cards to link to a Pokemon game on another VBA-M. I've actually done this myself once and it works :P
I even put the e-reader ROM with the eon ticket loaded onto the save file onto my GBA flashcart, and that worked as well, so I could share it with other people without ever needing the actual e-reader hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality