Any way to Hack MH Gen Without Homebrew??!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by PainIsLiving, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:55 PM.

1. PainIsLiving
    OP

PainIsLiving Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Seriously i lost my damn save and ive been looking for a save editor or custom quest maker freaking ANYTHING i can use to get it back! I cant use homebrew because its been patched as of my version, ive tried DOZENS of youtube videos on getting homebrew and none work! Is there anything i can use that dosnt require homebrew? Pissed as all hell not redoing all that crap!

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The only way to really modify your saves requires installing a CFW to regain access for homebrew

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:04 AM
  3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    NTRboot method one system

https://3ds.guide/

4. PainIsLiving
    OP

PainIsLiving Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Yea i have powersave too which dosnt work for gen yet because apparently it saves to the SD Card and not the game itself.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten they did that.
    Then you need to install a CFW, which I suggest checking out NTRBoot method. This will require you to buy a flashcart, but there are a lot perks to this
    1: Outside the flashcart, you won't require extra hardware nor required to solder anything to your board
    2: You gain a method of exploiting your system that Nintendo can't block through OFW update. NTRBoot is a bootrom exploit, so it will require new hardware to fix
    3: You gain a flashcart for DS games.
    Installing a CFW basically future-proofs your homebrew access and other perks.
    I suggest the R4i Gold (URL on cart: r4ids.cn) as the cart can be flashed to an NTRBoot cart on stock OFW

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:10 AM