Hacking Any way to get the new translated FF-Type0 to compress to a CSO??

Delirious17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not have to try to go through that kind of process it's just I make all my PSP games into CSOs for my emulator. Can I not do the same for this??

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd rather not have to try to go through that kind of process it's just I make all my PSP games into CSOs for my emulator. Can I not do the same for this??

You could try to compress it with UMDGen, but dunno if it's still working after that.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, well. I thought it was a memory stick problem.

I honestly don't see the problem in your case, so I have no solution. Sorry. ._."

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, well. I thought it was a memory stick problem.

I honestly don't see the problem in your case, so I have no solution. Sorry. ._."

The Memory Stick isn't the problem FAT32 can take up to 4 GB of a single data file.
Problem is more if the Inferno plugin can manage the CSO file on the stick then.

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Memory Stick isn't the problem FAT32 can take up to 4 GB of a single data file.
Problem is more if the Inferno plugin can manage the CSO file on the stick then.
I was referring to lack of space. I had to delete a lot of games, but still I refuse to use CSO. xD

Drains more battery and the loading times... Urrrrr...

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was referring to lack of space. I had to delete a lot of games, but still I refuse to use CSO. xD

Oh yeah, that's right CSO was pretty battery intensive, and yeah the load times were horrid, I also prefered ISOs over CSOs.

I always used 8 GB MM's, I know what you mean the whole space thing was annoying xD.

Reactions: Hargrun

Delirious17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just I'm trying to convert it to a cso and it ends up as a 28 byte file :-\

I also try replacing the standard yellow.pkg which is 1676611584 bytes with one that is both games merged on one pkg file at 2533007360 bytes but somehow it ends up when trying to convert it to CSO any way I try the yellow.pkg comes to -1761959936 bytes (yes with the - negative sign)

D

Deleted User

There's no way to convert it to CSO at least with conventional methods... unless some hacker invents something

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's just I'm trying to convert it to a cso and it ends up as a 28 byte file :-\

I also try replacing the standard yellow.pkg which is 1676611584 bytes with one that is both games merged on one pkg file at 2533007360 bytes but somehow it ends up when trying to convert it to CSO any way I try the yellow.pkg comes to -1761959936 bytes (yes with the - negative sign)

Try to ask Sky about that, maybe he has an solution, I know the negative error, I had that too once.
Maybe Merkabah has an solution also. I guess it has something todo with the checksum or how the game is signed or merged with the 2 discs.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you just set it to Level 1 compression, it just compressed garbage data and other unneeded data, so it doesn't hurt the performance at all.

2.6GB is a lot, hope there might be a way to compress that down a bit!
Have you tried using UMDGen to scan for garbage data and resize it? I've never messed with that game, so I don't know if there's anything preventing that or if the garbage data is done differently.

Reactions: Hargrun

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you just set it to Level 1 compression, it just compressed garbage data and other unneeded data, so it doesn't hurt the performance at all.

I always check the existence of dummy files, updates folder and misc. Games like SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny can jump to less than half the size and remain as ISO.

I checked this game, too (despite the risk). Apparently SkyBladeCloud already removed such files. (But I could be wrong. e_e)

Oh, well. I just will miss Phantasy Star Portable 2... Or not, since this game is PRETTY... @#%@... AWESOME! D: <

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Compress ISO (CSO) on PRO CFW the loading time will a lot longer
Compress ISO (CSO) on ME CFW the loading is about the same as ISO but the video still stop every 1 seconds then play at least for me in pro video work just fine.
To compressor I used download
https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/cisomulticompressor

Edit: Starting a New Game did not work on ME CFW :angry:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compress ISO (CSO) on PRO CFW the loading time will a lot longer
Compress ISO (CSO) on ME CFW the loading is about the same as ISO but the video still stop every 1 seconds then play at least for me in pro video work just fine.
To compressor I used download
https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/cisomulticompressor

Edit: Starting a New Game did not work on ME CFW :angry:
But starting a new game works under pro? It could be a problem with the ME ISO driver, or it might be some sort of anti-homebrew crap. You need the CFW Folder Blocker under ME if it is anti-homebrew crap. If you think it's a problem with the driver, you could try Normal mode and just put an UMD game in your UMD slot. It doesn't matter what game. Normal mode has perfect compatibility (last I checked), it's just it needs a UMD in the drive.

I've seen some rather odd anti-homebrew scripts in UMD games, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse