Hacking Any way to buy Stardew Valley without updating?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Want to buy Stardew Valley to play on Switch, but dont want to update from 2.1... any way to do so without updating?

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no physical copy of Stardew Valley, so it's not. You either update and play, or buy another Switch and play.
He never suggested buying a physical copy -- I'm pretty sure he suggested buying it digitally through Nintendo's website, to see if it would start the download on the Switch automatically.
Whether it would work or not is another issue altogether. :unsure:

Reactions: CeeDee

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He never suggested buying a physical copy -- I'm pretty sure he suggested buying it digitally through Nintendo's website, to see if it would start the download on the Switch automatically.
Whether it would work or not is another issue altogether. :unsure:

We already know it doesn't work.

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't intend to address whether it would work or not

So you're openly admitting there was nothing wrong with what I said.

I was just taking issue with your supposition that CeeDee suggested a physical purchase, which isn't even possible (afaik) from the Nintendo website.

I don't think you understand, so I'll say it again even though I was perfectly clear the first time. Stardew Valley literally has no physical copy at this point in time, so you don't even have a choice in the matter. You have to go through the eShop, and to do so you need to update. So you're left with two options. One is to update to get the game and lose potential homebrew. The other is buy another Switch, update that one and play the game there.

There is no supposition here.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're openly admitting there was nothing wrong with what I said.
I was simply saying that addressing whether the workaround would work or not was outside of the scope of my reply.
I don't think you understand, so I'll say it again even though I was perfectly clear the first time. Stardew Valley literally has no physical copy at this point in time
Again, I was never even trying to address whether a physical copy existed.

CeeDee was not attempting to address whether a physical copy existed. CeeDee simply suggested a possible workaround, and you (presumably?) misread what he posted.
There is no supposition here.
Yes there was. Your supposition, based on how your reply to CeeDee was stated, was that CeeDee's post somehow suggested physical copies as a remedy. If this were not the case, you should never have mentioned physical copies in your reply, or should have simply said that the suggested workaround would not work.

Apologies if you never intended to suggest that, but that is literally the only way I can read your initial response.

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your supposition, based on how your reply to CeeDee was stated, was that CeeDee's post somehow suggested physical copies as a remedy.

If going to Nintendo's site and purchasing it there bypassed updates, do you think we'd know about it?

You need to update. The reason I mentioned physical copies is because that's the only option OP has to get new games right now.

So either you're some shit tier trolling, or I swear you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

I will not reply to anything else from you in this thread.

Last edited by Frysenberg,

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If going to Nintendo's site and purchasing it there bypassed updates, do you think we'd know about it?

We do. You need to update. The reason I mentioned physical copies is because that's the only option OP has to get new games right now.

Either you're some shit tier troll, or I swear you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

I will not reply to anything else from you in this thread.
I'm glad you resort to personal attacks. Check my post history -- I don't have a history of trolling.
My point is that your reply to CeeDee completely ignored the intent and meaning of his posts.
He offered a remedy that turns out to not work. If you're going to tell a member of this forums that they're wrong, tell them why.

Don't say what is essentially "Because there are no physical cartridges, your idea is bad." Instead, say "Your idea won't work because Nintendo thought of that already. And since physical cartridges don't exist for this game, an updated system is the only way."

I appreciate that I'm being deemed a troll, despite your semi-abrasive posts. This was never intended to be drawn out into an argument, and I'm shocked I even received a reply for what was to me a simple correction.

As such, these are my last thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: osaka35

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey