Hacking Any recommendations on fitting screen protectors?

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I've had a Hori screen protector for ages for my DSL that I haven't got around to fitting yet, but anyway, I was just wondering what the best way is of cleaning the screen beforehand, and also getting the dust from out of the corners?

Cheers

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Oh, please guys?!
smile.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tend to "prep" my systems as follows prior to applying a screen protector:
- wipe with a soft, clean cloth (t-shirts work great
smile.gif
) dampened with windex or another form of window cleaner
- let any window cleaner evaporate
- then wipe with a microfiber cleaning cloth to pick up any stray dust fibres that may have gotten picked up with some static. 3M makes these wonderful cleaning cloths for this purpose (http://software.brighthand.com/productAccessories.asp?id=4447)

applying:
I tend to work in the bathroom after leaving the shower on for a few minutes to knock any floating dust particles out of the air with the steam.
additionally, after positioning the starting edge to "roll" the screen protector on, I also turn the system upside down and apply it from the bottom (to reduce risks of any still floating dust particles from landing between the screen and the protector (anal? yeah, but the ones that I've done have turned out perfect, without any dust or air bubbles.)

Impetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
careful now. Dont get too pedantic =P

jk thieves_like_us thats a rather complex way of applying screen protectors =P but i suppose a perfect screen is better than mine (its got 3 bubbles caused by dust)

But im happy anyway
biggrin.gif

Good luck blizeh!

PiNa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
May I recommend TAKU Screen Protector over the HORI's one?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-1g7w.html

Got TAKU yesterday and it's GREAT protector. Fits 100% and in case of any air bubles, they will dissapear within 72 hours. Very easy instalation. Just wiped out both screens with microfiber cleaning cloth, applied TAKU screen protector and it's done. Piece of cake
smile.gif

guzh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Same with PiNa here, used TAKU product too.. no sticky material/residue left when u want to peel off the screen protector later...

Fit perfectly, to get rid off the bubble... just apply it, from one side to the other while pressing evenly across the screen.

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Managed to fit the top one perfectly, but had an absolute nightmare with the touch screen one.

Ah well, I guess that'll just mean I /still/ won't be able to play Ouendan properly (why did they include those ridiculous spinny parts anyway?) and it'll just mean I'll get even more annoyed when playing games like Nanostray that ludicrously force to you push on the screen with your hand!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2