Hacking Any reason to stay on 3.18?

Leykis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been on 3.18 for a while...love having access to PSP games but I'm missing out on lots of new Vita games. If I jump to 3.6 and install HENKaku is there anything I'm going to miss out on losing 3.18? Is it pretty easy to load PSP ISO's on to the Vita and run them with HENKaku? I really don't want to switch up if it's a long process just to play a PSP game. Also, I can't remote play now with my PS4...will I be able to with HENKaku? Thanks for your help!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1) You'll lose access to the PS1 exploit, but TheFlow is currently working on adding PS1 support to Adrenaline (which is the 3.60 eCFW). You can use a native Vita PS1 emulator from Retroarch which offers better resolution (instead of upscaling from PSP mode), but some games can run a bit laggy. PSP games are playable now, and Adrenaline offers a few different graphical filters which make PSP mode a bit more easy on the eyes.
2) Since you have an exploit game on 3.18 already (and I assume that means you're activated) you can just use the Adrenaline Easy Installer to install the new eCFW over your initial 3.18 exploit game. It's an easy 3 step process basically. Follow the very top instructions here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/
3) Remote play doesn't work AFAIK, maybe if your Vita was already setup with your PS4 beforehand but since PSN spoofing is broken now you'll likely not be able to.

Leykis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) You'll lose access to the PS1 exploit, but TheFlow is currently working on adding PS1 support to Adrenaline (which is the 3.60 eCFW). You can use a native Vita PS1 emulator from Retroarch which offers better resolution (instead of upscaling from PSP mode), but some games can run a bit laggy. PSP games are playable now, and Adrenaline offers a few different graphical filters which make PSP mode a bit more easy on the eyes.
2) Since you have an exploit game on 3.18 already (and I assume that means you're activated) you can just use the Adrenaline Easy Installer to install the new eCFW over your initial 3.18 exploit game. It's an easy 3 step process basically. Follow the very top instructions here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-adrenaline-6-61.449344/
3) Remote play doesn't work AFAIK, maybe if your Vita was already setup with your PS4 beforehand but since PSN spoofing is broken now you'll likely not be able to.

Thanks for the reply! Is there a way to tell if I'm activated or not? I got the exploit game on my Vita by downloading it on my PS3 and then copying it to my Vita so I'm not sure if I'm activated or not.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You're activated, yeah. Pretty much all PSP content requires an activated Vita (which is why Adrenaline isn't possible for people that haven't activated their Vita).

Transferring PSP stuff from your PS3 to your Vita is actually the only way to activate a 3.60 Vita right now, too, so you're definitely fine :P

Leykis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're activated, yeah. Pretty much all PSP content requires an activated Vita (which is why Adrenaline isn't possible for people that haven't activated their Vita).

Transferring PSP stuff from your PS3 to your Vita is actually the only way to activate a 3.60 Vita right now, too, so you're definitely fine :P

Thanks for the help!

So I followed some guides and updated to 3.60 and got HENkaku installed. Then I followed the guide you linked above to install Adrenaline and I installed it over my previous 3.18 exploit game which was Gladiator Begins and it had me reboot the system...the message stated it installed successfully. When I restarted it did some rebuild database for a few seconds and then I was back on the main screen but I see no Adrenaline icon and now the icon for Gladiator Begins has disappeared. Any idea as to what I do now? Oh and I did re-install HENkaku after the reboot. I can go back into the EasyInstaller icon for Adrenaline and my only options are to uninstall and change the theme.

***EDIT***

Well, I uninstalled Adrenaline and then re-installed it over another PSP game I had on there and this time it did change the game icon to Adrenaline after I rebooted. Trouble is, everytime I launch Adrenaline it asks me to sign into the PSN network. So not sure what to do at this point. =(

Last edited by Leykis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls