Any Persona fans play Persona 5 yet?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious as to whether Persona 5 has any moderate or significant references to any of the Persona games that came after it. I haven't played Dancing or the Arena games, so I want to know if I should. I started watching a movie version of Arena on Youtube, but that was back before the tons of delays, so I've forgotten a lot about it.

It shouldn't need to be stated, but obviously I'm not looking for any kind of spoilers.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story doesn't require any knowledge of the previous games. Its mostly self contained just like the others. There are some nice references here and there for fans though, such as a Risette poster that you can get for the protagonists room.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware that the Persona series is mostly self-contained, but there was a 2 year gap between 3 and 4 and an 8 year gap between 4 and 5. With numerous Persona-related games releasing in the aforementioned gap, I figured the amount of references (whether they be small things like a Risette poster or big things like a character from a previous entry like those two from Persona Q) would increase as well.

Pedeadstrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've read on the Megaten subreddit, avoiding any and all spoilers, it seems the general consensus is the game takes place 5 years after Persona 4 vanilla. Only reference I've seen is the DLC costumes.
Good to hear. Damn ATLUS for putting Persona content behind game genres that I don't care for.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night