Hacking Any one else not updating their wii u?

officialjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sorta want to keep my wii u on 1.0.2 to have a better chance of retaining any exploits that may have been patched in the launch day update. Thoughts?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll probably end up missing a lot quite soon. If you happen to have another Wii U to use for gaming in the mean time, why not. Otherwise IMO it's not a good trade off. If the console gets hacked, then it may be a good investment, but till then, you'll just have a brick next to your TV. Especially when games start requiring mandatory updates, which will probably happen very soon once the post-launch games start hitting the stores.

officialjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the teams hacking the wii u are updating their wii u's to the launch day update, then I'll be more inclined to update

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated. I don't see the reason in finding exploits or anything any more. Yeah sure there are some cool homebrews on consoles, but eh. With the progress of hacking the 3DS so far (or lack of), I wouldn't be surprised if the WiiU doesn't get hacked at all

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
If you have the cash to keep a Wii U or 2 in storage untouched for quite some time while you have one to play with then that is the best way. But if you are concerned about updating you only wii u while holding out on playing certain games or features and making yourself suffer, then it is not worth it.

There are PLENTY of people that are stock piling on the Wii U for them to teardown to sell parts and for future sale. An exploitable will always be available if an exploit is found.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. It's silly to not update in hopes of a future exploit. Plus, I thought that the wiiu updated automatically.

officialjunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. That's so weird. I just checked the settings again and my wii u is on 1.0.2 U. I can make a video to prove, if anyone cares...but it's nice to know someone else that is working towards hacking the wii u is on 2.0.0. I may just update after all. :)

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deadly, what is the first part of the serial number of the Wii U you dumped? Curious as to how it compares to the vWii, which claims IW70040xxxx in setting.txt

I'm also now curious as to why only some wii U's seem to need an update to use the wii half. Early units made before the vWii code was ready?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone