Any IB'ers Out there?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm a grade 11 IB student and I'm really messing up in HL english. For midterms I have about a fifty percent. Thing is since it's HL, next year the mark from first semester will be used in university apps and stuff. So I was wondering how my final mark by the end of this semester would affect my next year one. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm a grade 11 IB student and I'm really messing up in HL english. For midterms I have about a fifty percent. Thing is since it's HL, next year the mark from first semester will be used in university apps and stuff. So I was wondering how my final mark by the end of this semester would affect my next year one. Thanks.

Please guys, I'm in need

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm a grade ten student, and from what I understood about high school, if you don't do good in a class, you don't get your credit and your university can reject you. It won't affect your next semester, that much but just for the very one course.

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I'm a grade ten student, and from what I understood about high school, if you don't do good in a class, you don't get your credit and your university can reject you. It won't affect your next semester, that much but just for the very one course.

The thing is that that thats not how IB works :P

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are talking International Baccalaureate right? When I was in high school I went through the entire program but I don't understand what you are talking about... Is your English course a 2 year or something? Maybe things have changed a bit since I was in the program...

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are talking International Baccalaureate right? When I was in high school I went through the entire program but I don't understand what you are talking about... Is your English course a 2 year or something? Maybe things have changed a bit since I was in the program...

Yes, basically it's a 2 year course because all HL courses are 3 semesters

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, basically it's a 2 year course because all HL courses are 3 semesters

Yeah we had similar setups with our HOTA courses, Calc, and Bio courses. I think they are reporting to universities differently then we do here in the US though because I really don't have any idea what you are talking about lol.

Maybe you are saying that you are going to be applying to college based of your 11th grade year, that would make sense. In that case, you should talk to your consular and see what they say to do because you definitely don't want to apply to school with such a bad grade. What is your GPA? Do you even do that there?

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah we had similar setups with our HOTA courses, Calc, and Bio courses. I think they are reporting to universities differently then we do here in the US though because I really don't have any idea what you are talking about lol.

Maybe you are saying that you are going to be applying to college based of your 11th grade year, that would make sense. In that case, you should talk to your consular and see what they say to do because you definitely don't want to apply to school with such a bad grade. What is your GPA? Do you even do that there?

NVR mind man, I think I got it covered now. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended