Wanted

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I tried to update my brothers phat 1000 from 3.51 m33-7 last night. I don't know much about the scene anymore and everything I tried to update to failed until I eventually tried a 3.52 m33 upgrade and now I can't get into the XMB. It just stays on a black screen for 20 seconds or so then powers off.

I can get into the m33 recovery menu and run the hellcats recovery flasher but it says I need to be at least 2.71 to work. Is there ANYTHING I can do to recover with such and old firmware?

I don't have a pandora battery but I have another PSP phat 1000 with Promethius loaded. Can I make a pandora battery to recover the other one then get it back to normal for my PSP? Or is the pandora mod one way? If I need to I will just have to buy a pandora battery and stick.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can softmod a battery into a pandora. It is easy to switch back and fourth. When you hit select on the xmb there should be an option to convert your battery.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Recovery Flasher 1.65 should work fine on 3.52. Are you sure you're using the latest release?

Wanted

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah I tried 1.65 and it just gives that sorry 2.71 required message and exits. I think the 3.52 stuffed it up so maybe the recovery menu is the 3.51 m33-7 one.

I got PSPGrader and I have that other PSP and stick so I can try modding the working stick and battery for pandora as long as I can go back after. I'm just not sure Pandora will work when I can't really boot other than to recovery menu.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
A Pandora makes the PSP boot from the MS so yes it should work fine.

Wanted

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Awesome. Thanks for the help. I'll try and make a pandora battery then. A lot of guides say MMS needs to be less than 4Gb and I only have 4Gb but I'll try anyway.

Wanted

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I used pspgrader to make the stick but if I boot with L it stays black then powers off. If I use select in xmb and choose make pandora battery it doesn't do anything. vsh menu is enabled in the gen recovery settings too...

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Did you use the Pandora and MMS correctly? Like insert mms with power off, hold L then insert pandora?

Was the MMS made correctly? Did you format while making it, and did the IPL inject properly?

Also, are you sure the pandora was made correctly? I think if the psp managed to automatically power on while you held L and put the battery in, the pandora is fine, and there must be something wrong with the MMS..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c