Any Good USB Controllers I Should Get for Emulation?

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, are there any good USB controllers that you can recommend me? I want to do some emulation for classic games like N64, GCN, and other consoles.

My computer doesn't have bluetooth which is why I am asking for a USB one. I would want one that has a nice clicky d-pad. Also that it would have all the controls of what something like a Switch Pro Controller has. I would also like it to be comfortable in the hand.

Hello, so my controller came in the mail and I am happy with it so far. I was able to play a game on my phone with it. It feels comfortable but the d-pad is a little mushy (I'm fine with it.).

The thing is that I want to connect it to my computer and sort of use it as the mouse and keyboard. Xpadder doesn't seem to recognize it when it is plugged in.

The one I got was this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Gamesir-G3w-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N0D79Y1S9ZEY6P9P4PT3

Last edited by Polarise,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It be hard to find something for $20, i would suggest a gamesir gear controller, there is a review on it on this site but is not $20, best you could do is find some sale cause that is very low price for any controller. It probably wouldn't last as long either.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It be hard to find something for $20, i would suggest a gamesir gear controller, there is a review on it on this site but is not $20, best you could do is find some sale cause that is very low price for any controller. It probably wouldn't last as long either.
could you provide a link of the product?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd look into Mayflash and check out their line of adapters for video game controllers, rather than using a 3rd party controller you may not feel comfortable using.

If you are retro gaming 8BitDo is worth looking at too for their NES30, SNES30, and Nintendo 64 bluetooth controllers.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.amazon.com/GameSir-G4s-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller/dp/B01HNXGKT6
That is the most recent model

https://www.amazon.com/Gamesir-G3w-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N0D79Y1S9ZEY6P9P4PT3
This one is currently on sale at the moment and is less than $20, is a model downgrade from the one above but is probably better than nothing. Is wireless and don't need bluetooth as it comes with a usb receiver as well for pc, ps3 and such. :) (I own one)
I'm interested in the second one and I might get it. Can you remap the buttons when using it on the PC? And how comfortable is it?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in the second one and I might get it. Can you remap the buttons when using it on the PC? And how comfortable is it?
Well as far as remapping buttons the game has to support it, so if emulators you using, yeah you can remap buttons. As for how comfortable it is, is basic, you hold it like a wii classic pro controller, so that is about it. Is exactly what it look like anyway.

D

Deleted User

Xbox One Controller.
Used or not, works perfectly and Used ones go for $20.
I myself bought a used one and it's just glorious. [Best rumble i ever had in a controller tbh.]

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You wont find a single thing worth buying for $20.

People really need to learn that you get what you pay for.
You pay $20, you get a piece of shit.
Might as well save up for a real controller. There's a reason the controller is $20, and it's not because they're selling it to you at a loss.

Matson25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's a good idea to get the 8bitdo controllers. They're pretty small, which can be bad sometimes, but they're comfortable, have both D-Input and X-Input, and come in a lot of cool Nintendo-shaped forms.
http://8bitdo.com/

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as far as remapping buttons the game has to support it, so if emulators you using, yeah you can remap buttons. As for how comfortable it is, is basic, you hold it like a wii classic pro controller, so that is about it. Is exactly what it look like anyway.
Hello, so my controller came in the mail and I am happy with it so far. I was able to play a game on my phone with it. It feels comfortable but the d-pad is a little mushy (I'm fine with it.).

The thing is that I want to connect it to my computer and sort of use it as the mouse and keyboard. Xpadder doesn't seem to recognize it when it is plugged in.

The one I got was this one:

The one you have.

Last edited by Polarise,

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.amazon.com/GameSir-G4s-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller/dp/B01HNXGKT6
That is the most recent model

This one is currently on sale at the moment and is less than $20, is a model downgrade from the one above but is probably better than nothing. Is wireless and don't need bluetooth as it comes with a usb receiver as well for pc, ps3 and such. :) (I own one)
Jesus who designed that thing? Looks like a hat for a colour blind Liberace drag.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already got one as mentioned in the previous reply. I am just wondering how to use it with my PC.
I never heard of xpadder, not sure how it works. But if you want to use it on pc, you plug the cord in or use the little usb receiver thingy. Then you hold the x Button when turning the controller on, after it should register as Xbox 360 controller on the pc. The controller it self has mouse emulation, it should be activated by holding A button when turning on the controller, then press Select + X button to enable it.

Remember to use the usb receiver when using a pc or it won't work.

Jesus who designed that thing? Looks like a hat for a colour blind Liberace drag.
Gamesir apparently did, and it works at least. But yes, there is better looking controllers out there. :P

Reactions: wolfmankurd

NightlyParadox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a xbox 360 Afterglow controller. It's slightly smaller then it's Microsoft counterparts and comfortable. It is also aesthetically pleasing to look at as well. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can also change out the LEDs fairly easily. In mine I have UV LEDs and they look amazing set against the black PCB board. I use mine for all of my PC games and emulators as well (SNES, N64, GC, WII emulation) and haven't had a problem with any of the emulators.

Last edited by NightlyParadox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just put McDonald's on it so they have motivation