Zarxrax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got a vita, and it came with some AR cards, but not really any explanation about how to use them, but a card that came with them listed a website to visit for more info and it says you can download a selection of free games to use with them.After checking the website about the AR cards, it lists a few games that can use them, but none of the ones I looked at were actually free.
So whats the deal, are there any decent free downloads that work with these AR cards? And aside from that, are there any decent free games at all that are worth my time to download?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Table Soccer
Fireworks
Cliff Diver

All of the above are free on the Vita's PSN shop, and use the AR cards. Other AR games have to be paid for.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not be 100% sure about the titles with a * - they appear on the European PSN store as free, but may not be free on the U.S one, so double-check. Not all of those can be considered "good", but hey - it's all a matter of taste, so I'll just round up free content instead of rating it. Here's the list:

Games:
Ape Quest (PSP)
Lemmings (PlayStation Mobile)
Bullion Blitz (PlayStation Mobile)
Everybody's Arcade (PlayStation Mobile)
Ecolibrium (PSVita, Social/Dicovery)
Frobisher Says (PSVita, Social/Discovery)
Treasures of Montezuma: Blitz (PSVita)*
ZEN Pinball 2 (PSVita)*
Jetpack Joyride (PSVita, Free on European PSN Store, hits N.A December 31st)

Near-based games and apps:
Treasure Park (PSVita, Social/Other)
T@g
Travel Bug (PSVita, Social/Other)
Paint Park (PSVita, Social/Other)

Non-game free downloads:
Youtube
FourSquare
LiveTweet
Flickr

AR Play (Requires redeeming the voucher that came with the system):
Cliff Diving
Fireworks
Table Football/Soccer

As for the AR games, they are free as long as you redeem the voucher you got with the system - it should be somewhere among your instruction booklets. ;)

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Jetpack Joyride was free a little while ago... I dunno if it still is, but there was a Vita-specific version with Trophies (if you're into that sort of thing) and touchscreen support. It's not ezackly the best thing since sliced bread, but it's a nice little diversion.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is Motorstorm RC still free? That game was fun as hell.
It was free only for a limited time, unfortunately.

Jetpack Joyride was free a little while ago... I dunno if it still is, but there was a Vita-specific version with Trophies (if you're into that sort of thing) and touchscreen support. It's not ezackly the best thing since sliced bread, but it's a nice little diversion.
Yes, yes it is. I'll add it to the list.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have to redeem a voucher in order to download the Free AR games, and since OP is also from the US I assume he doesn't either.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like to note that Jetpack Joyride appears to be available only in select countries on the European PSN Store - I don't have it, for instance. Perhaps it's because the game's being translated, like most PSVita titles. For now, the Polish store only has the Minis version, which is a shame.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecolibrium is quite irritating, like a tamagotchi. If it paused when you left rather than required monitoring it wouldbe pretty good.
Travel bug is a reasonably good idea poorly executed.
The mini of lemmings is great, if you aren't bothered about trophies. Get ps plus!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things