Any chance/plans to see a grip with audio jack?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by cloudfe, Dec 7, 2017.

1. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I live in a not-too-big apartment, and weekend's nights are the only moments of the week in which I can play for 3-4 hours undisturbed (married) (happily btw).
    That's when I use the tv to play with the Switch. But I can't make too much noise. The PS4 controller is perfect for these kind of nights.

Do you know if there are plans for a grip accessory with an audio jack?
    I can't find anything around :(

Tumoche likes this.
  2. fedehda

fedehda GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    fedehda is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 7, 2017
    Argentina
    At your current screen. And in heaven
    I didn't see any grip with audio jack. I loved ps4 controller for that.

Instead, I have a 3mts wired headphone that I use connecting it directly to the Switch in docked mode (yes, it works that way also)

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    No. That would require the switch to support either Bluetooth audio or audio from the controller, which it does neither. You can't just make a grip that does it. Easiest method would be a 3.5mm Bluetooth adapter and bluetooth headphones.

4. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Well, if Nintendo ever understood what online gaming entailed, it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe in the future...

5. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Nintendo will never catch onto online, sadly.

They're using friend codes in 2017, they're offloading social functions to smartphones, their online services and first party games' matchmaking are in levels of retardation. We have given Nintendo every opportunity with the Switch to provide us with a DECENT online experience and they can't do that.
    Even on the 3DS it was outdated with friend codes. Heck, even with the DS. I mean what in the name of fuck, WHEN was FRIEND CODES EVER a good idea? We've had uniquely identifiable TEXT strings since fucking email aka since the birth of the internet pretty much.

I'll always love their first party games, but they are NEVER gonna understand online. NEVER.

Last edited by Shadowfied, Dec 7, 2017
  6. gumbyx84

gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2010
    United States
    While there isn't a grip with a headphone jack, there are alternatives. Like fedehda mentioned, you could hook up a pair of headphones while the Switch is docked. If you won't want to deal with cables dragged across the floor, you might be interested looking over this post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/adding-bluetooth-audio-to-the-switch.485370/#post-7638845

In your particualr situation, I think the $40 for the Bluetooth transceiver worth the investment. I'm tempted to get one myself so I can get some use out of my the Bluetooth headphones I bought myself on Black Friday last year. lol

7. cloudfe
    OP

cloudfe GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Thank you for the link - it is indeed an interesting project.

I am also considering the fact that I have two left hands, and that Nintendo added support for usb wireless headphones on 4.0. And so it may be a wiser investment to purchase something like the PS Gold (which seems to have good reviews), with the added benefit to be able to use it with my PS4 as well.

8. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
    This. Using friend codes in 3ds was a pain in the ass. They haven't learned their lesson.

Shadowfied likes this.
  9. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    You should had seen my fucking face when they went BACK to friend codes on the Switch after having NNID on the Wii U. Like are they actually fucking retarded for real?

MeowMeowMeow likes this.
  10. gumbyx84

Apr 23, 2010
    United States
    I was talking about Bluetooth transceiver dongle in the post I linked to, though a wireless USB headset works if you are only looking to use headphones then the Switch is docked.

11. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    You can use USB female to USB C adapter. Also most Bluetooth transceiver adds a lot of audio lag, whereas with a compatible USB headset this lag is way reduced.

Tumoche likes this.
  12. MeowMeowMeow

MeowMeowMeow S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ

Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-...692759&hash=item21276122a3:g:XtsAAOSwjqVZJ8uQ

will this one work ?

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    They kind of understood online with the Wii U. At least it has private messaging and you can send friend requests and add people by username. I'm not sure why they took such a huge step back with the Switch by reintroducing friend codes, but at least you can still send friend requests, and you can sort of add people by their NNID (as long as you added them on Wii U linked to the same account)

14. Shadowfied

Dec 6, 2014
    Wii U was still severely behind overall. In fact, how did you even private message people? It was better but not good. I also hate how online is so taboo for Nintendo, like, you're either online or not. Most games are like, you go to the multiplayer menu: "Please wait....connecting..." - 10 seconds later you get the next menu, and if you back out, you're gonna have to connect again. I can see some people actually appreciating this, but I say fuck off and keep us online.

I also feel such a huge lack of community on Ninty consoles. Well, I really only feel a sense of community on Steam, where everything is built around the community. Reviews, game tagging, sharing (artwork, game guides, mods), discussion and everything. I feel like stuff like this should actually be one of Nintendo's big things, but they are so scared to let users talk publicly.
    Remember when Nintendo thought it was their responsibility to remove fucking SwapNote because people sent dickpics and shit?

It's not in their interest to provide a wholesome online experience and community...but it seems to be in their interest to do the opposite..

But yeah, as I said above, I was in a state of shock when I saw the step back from Wii Us online to Switch.
    Also, while we're at it, let me just do a quick little rant about Nintendo's fucking account systems, let's see..
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Anyway let's stop derailing the thread.

TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  15. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    There is a way but it's crappy and ugly. It's to use a 3,5mm cable extention if your tv supports it, and plug that in to the TV and then plug a pair of headphones/headset to it. It's a ghetto and cheap method. But it works.

16. gumbyx84

Apr 23, 2010
    United States
    That's a receiver. You need a transmitter so it sends the audio to the bluetooth headset. If you are only going to use it while it's docked, a dongle like that is fine. If you think you might want to use a Bluetooth headset/headphones, I would recommend the one mentioned in the thread I linked to:

https://www.amazon.com/KOKKIA-iTRAN...TRANSCEIVER-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Transmitter

17. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I have to admit this wouldn't be a bad idea... especially if it was a charge pad with it's own battery pack.