Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is one in a case possible or is there not enough room for it? I want one but I'm scared of breaking it, getting it stuck or something due to how fragile it looks.

Reactions: pandavova

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you put instead of a game card this adapter and then you cant play card games...
Ah, okay. Like a poor man's flash cart, right? Very clever. I've never owned a Vita, so I was confused.

Reactions: pandavova

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is one in a case possible or is there not enough room for it? I want one but I'm scared of breaking it, getting it stuck or something due to how fragile it looks.
It might be if the "slot" springs down, it might be disabling the uma0 part and instead thinks it's a game that is inserted. (I'm just guessing since why else would it be bad if it springed?)

Erfg1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@linuxares it springs up because it needs special latch grooves to hold it in, which the board doesn't have. It doesn't happen all the time.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ah, okay. Like a poor man's flash cart, right? Very clever. I've never owned a Vita, so I was confused.
yeah kinda like that
you can use a micro sd in the game slot, and with cfw you mount that space as a partition (which i guess the most common is swap the m2 slot partition with this new one)

people hate the m2 proprietary card (low storage and very high price) and this is a way to put a micro sd in the console

Reactions: Jayro

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About how much did it net you to make it yourself rather than having someone else do it? Let's say I already have solder and an iron and just want to buy the SD piece and the PCB.

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried a 256 GB sd card yet?
Yes, a German in the other thread. She said it's recognizing it. She's having problems installing .vpks and maidumps though. Trying to figure out what's wrong with her setup, but she's the only one I know of that has attempted that large of a SD.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, a German in the other thread. She said it's recognizing it. She's having problems installing .vpks and maidumps though. Trying to figure out what's wrong with her setup, but she's the only one I know of that has attempted that large of a SD.

if you mean me than...i am not female.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i got it working. i have a Samsung Evo+ 256GB and it works fawlessly. i had corrupted data because my sd cardreader was bad.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad these aren't mass produced yet for people who don;t know how to solder. Anyone know if someone is selling these adapters on amazon?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
one more thing (i dont know if its just my card or me) but if you have a large card (256GB). dont copy multiple vpks on it it throws out an error (if i copy only one at time it works)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1