Hacking Another microSD card problem!

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://gbatemp.net/t...le/page__st__30

Ok continueing on old thread, I got a NEW micro SD card (32 GB Scandisk class 10). With the new usb SD card reader.

So it arrived today, I plugged it in

Extracted DSTWO_v1.11_2012_0323_eng EOS from SupercardDStwo to my SD card.
then extracted and overwrited DSTWO_v1.11_2012_0521_eng EOS most up to date!

Then I extracted Firmware_v1.18_eng and placed it in root of SD.

Safely removed hardware, then plugged in SupercardDSTwo. I got the normal 3DS menu with the homebrew icon, so i pressed it and screen went white etc. as usual then it displayed message NO SYSTEM files or something like that. It didn't work. dont know what I did wrong though did it just like last time I think??

Anyway I reconnected my micro SD card in my SD reader.. And windows said.. you need to format this drive in order to use IT. IM LIKE WTFW TWF WTF so I safely remove hardware in windows and reconnect. Same bullshit... So I try to quickformat.. WINDOWS CANNOT FORMAT. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF IS THIS BULLSHIT.

I am so clueless what is going on or what I can do to fix it always trouble. Please someone help me fix it. I bought a new 3ds for 1 week now and havent even used it once :(

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://www.imagebam.com/image/6deafa212346866
http://www.imagebam.com/image/3ec9fe212346872
http://www.imagebam.com/image/32bf88212346883

Here they are.. it just displays raw..

One idea popped in my mind. could it be the SupercardDStwo destroying my cards?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suppose you mean this one: http://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

I had already tried it. It says it's write protected when it's not...

Also the Supercard DStwo is from Spain :S no easy to way refund.. If this is true :( bullshit I will have to sell my Nintendo 3ds and call it quits I guess..? I mean how much more money can I spend on failing things? Eventhough it's unclear what is exactly going wrong here... I mean how could Supercard DSTwo make SD cards become unusable.. but yet it must be something?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My old reader broke so this is already a new reader (going on from last topic). But I guess to be 100% I need to check again.. if the card cannot be formatted under a other card reader the card must be broken?

Yet if that is the case HOW. and this is 2x in a row!!! with brand new micro SD cards.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just went to the computer shop. And they used an internal reader in a pc. They succesfully formatted the card!!!
Seems this reader is malfunctioning ASWELL. (this is my 2nd reader) Can you recommend a reader that WILL work or is it just bad luck?

Also could you please take a look at my first post? if I install the files correctly? Since the nintendo 3DS is giving me an error while I think I had installed it correctly just like last time :O

Anywayz Rydian MANY thanks for helping me.!

And air2004 I bought from official webshop that has many good reviews.. I just received my RMA'd card. It's a brand new one.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the knock off card would not format , and when I got a replacement card from the person ( it was another knockoff ) the card would format but when I would transfer files to it , it would go slow , like 5-7mb a sec and then all the sudden it would shoot up to 15 mb sec , the phone would see the files on the card but when I would try to open them , it would say it was damaged

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I searched it on a dutch webshop for that reader, a bit expensive ( 17 euro with shipping cost in total) for a reader opposed from my basical XL BXL-CARDRWIB for 6 euro. But hey if it works im for it!
Not to mention I lose the 6 euro of this faulty reader. Sigh. Not that rich but yeah.

So I may order that one.. first see what the shop says about my faulty reader.

Anyways would you know about Supercard DStwo installation? I followed instructions but im getting an error.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use a DSTwo myself, we want to make sure you're putting the files on correctly (for example the current version has the files in a folder, you need to open the initial folder and then drag all the files onto your MicroSD, not drag the first single folder), but also the MicroSD showing as corrupt is a big issue.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSTWO_v1.11_2012_0323_eng
DSTWO_v1.11_2012_0521_eng
Firmware_v1.18_eng

Yes, I have the _dstwo folder and ds2boot.dat i root +dstwoupdate.dat from firmware. I use the 0521 package to overwrite all to update EOS. Seems like this is the way it's done but still error..

I don't think the corruption is here the issue, as I was even able to play games on it last game (with my first faulty microsd or reader / whatever)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
From what i understand from your post OP you are not supposed to put two firmware files on the memory card at once, on top of that you don't put them on the sd card that is installed in the 3ds, you have to put them on your micro sd card where the dstwo files and so on are located, not on the 3ds sd card itself!

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well according to this it says something different. and what do you mean with 2 firmware files? I only have 1.18 on it + the EOS. It says in step 3 MAKE sure u have dstwo EOS system in your microsd. Im putting all files on microSD that goes into the Superdstwo. I repeat I am never using original 3ds SD card slot or card itself.

I did the firmware thingy 1 week ago when firmware was 1.17 I think??

:How to upgrade DSTWO firmware?
Step 1: Download the firmware..
Step 2: Unzip and copy the upgrade file such as "dstwoupdate.dat" to MicroSD.
Step 3: Make sure you have DSTWO EOS system in your MicroSD, if you don't have, please download: DSTWO EOS v1.11_0521(2012-05-21).
Step 4: Find a DS console (NDS\DS\DSLite\DSi\3DS) which can run this EOS system, if you have the latest version console can not run EOS system, sorry, you have to find one.
Step 5: Turn on the power, EOS will detect the upgrade file, press A to upgrade.

Now, the DSTWO support the latest version console. Off cause if the firmware declared support the latest version console.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Noo sorry for misunderstanding those are the main packages I used.

I extracted them accordingly to the root like I said in last post with the _dstwo or something folder.

Only 2 files in root both .dat extension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters