ROM Hack Another MH4U Save Editor

Ishtiaq1234

What exactly should i write here?
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found the SD card folders, but there is no "MH4U" option. The only option is "Nintendo 3DS" and even after searching all the way through the folder, there was no user 1. So I'm stumped.

you need homebrew and a save manager on your system its not going to be in the 3ds folder (if it was i would've hacked everything XD)

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the SD card folders, but there is no "MH4U" option. The only option is "Nintendo 3DS" and even after searching all the way through the folder, there was no user 1. So I'm stumped.
that's because you're looking at the fully encrypted SD card contents. you NEED homebrew access first, then a save exporter, THEN you can access your semi-decrypted user1 file

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a loading error.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I just exported the save, decrypt it and "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Yea.... wtf

Last edited by KytuzuEX,

Zanie07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Where we download custom guild quest? Is there any out there?

And could we stack skill, like having 5 skill in one talisman?

Last edited by Zanie07,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where we download custom guild quest? Is there any out there?

And could we stack skill, like having 5 skill in one talisman?
there's an easier tool for custom guild quests. Reddit also has a stock of them is you look hard enough (one of my favorites was "The Greatest Jaggi").

the only way to get 5 skills on a talisman is 2 skills on the talisman itself and 3 different gems. Typically you'll gem-cram all slots with one of the 3-slot relic gems on various sets (and when using torso up armor properly, you can reach 10+ skills on a set. My record is currently 14 intended skills on a single set, iirc [16 including incidental skills])

ieatducks4655

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
with the editor, yes. but first you need to export your save (which will partially decrypt it if using a digital copy) then [finish] decrypt[ing] it with the tools in the first post

Ah alright. I already know how to export saves and stuff since I've done it with pokemon games. so the cart version is fully decrypted or still encrypted?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah alright. I already know how to export saves and stuff since I've done it with pokemon games. so the cart version is fully decrypted or still encrypted?
Both versions are encrypted, but the raw data on your SD is encrypted further (since all games/their saves get encrypted by default if they're saved to the SD card). In either case, you need to use a homebrew tool to export your save, then use the scripts in the first post to get a fully decrypted version (and of course, you'll need to re-encrypt the save after editing before you can import back to your game)

JohnSwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a loading error.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I just exported the save, decrypt it and "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Yea.... wtf
You ever figure this out? Used this once to get some gear to go through LR faster. Now it's doing this.

MrLong88

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You ever figure this out? Used this once to get some gear to go through LR faster. Now it's doing this.

I'm also having trouble. I'm using a Japanese version, Monster Hunter 4g and extracting the save file "user1" from the root directory on the Cyber Gadget Save Editor. Can't decrypt the user1 file no matter what I do. I've tried everything and have no idea what's happening. Getting the save file from the Cyber Gadget should work, but the file can't be decrypted or open with ATM. Just errors like "outside bounds of the array etc" and the decrypting error is always something like "save key doesn't seem to be decrypted, blowfish decryption may have failed Exiting..."

I can't think of what is going wrong beyond this point. If anyone has any idea, please help. It must be that Japanese versions of the game don't work.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having trouble. I'm using a Japanese version, Monster Hunter 4g and extracting the save file "user1" from the root directory on the Cyber Gadget Save Editor. Can't decrypt the user1 file no matter what I do. I've tried everything and have no idea what's happening. Getting the save file from the Cyber Gadget should work, but the file can't be decrypted or open with ATM. Just errors like "outside bounds of the array etc" and the decrypting error is always something like "save key doesn't seem to be decrypted, blowfish decryption may have failed Exiting..."

I can't think of what is going wrong beyond this point. If anyone has any idea, please help. It must be that Japanese versions of the game don't work.
read the OP again. you need the python decryption script there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.