Hacking Another Metroid Trilogy Thread

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Trilogy. Seems like everyone has had troubles with this one. At any rate, there came an alt dol fix where you can boot directly into the game with the following problems:

-No menu browsing for game selecting.
-No multiplayer
-Only Veteran Mode
-One Save File
-Dol renaming, Dol renaming, Dol renaming.

I don't think i missed anything. And i don't mean to complain, i'm in the middle of MP1 now, and its great but my main question:

Using a DVD (or usb loader?) has anyone got these problems fixed? I had found a package with JUST the first two games and it was supposed to fix all of these issues..but my backup disc loader says disc read error. That might be my own retardation but to my credit i did burn at a SLLOOOW burning speed.

Please...i need a fix...my a-hole roomate won't get off my back about getting her own save file. Thanks.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You CAN get it to work on a DVD. Patch the ISO to 249, burn with the correct layer break (2084960), and use cIOS rev8-13 (rev13a recommended). The game will now boot perfectly from the Disc Channel (with menus and multiplayer). You may also need some way to block Disc Channel updates.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I aquired the dvd-5 version of MPT (1 & 2), and patched it to 249. Using NeoGamma, you can use this disc to navigate the menus, select Normal difficulty if you wish, and play the game to the first save room. From here on, you can use alt. dol with USB loaders, and continue your game save with your options intact.

While this method works for MP 1 & 2 only (dvd-5), I can always play MP3 from it's original ISO. If you want to display MPT in 480p with a USB loader, use NeoGamma's USB loader function, select your region's 480p mode (video mode option), and patch all (video patch option).

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I'm sorry for being such a n00b...but my wii doesn't do internet connection from my house (no auto updates..one good thing), and i'm not sure how to update cIOS without the net. The cIos I have says its the 222 installer...but yet from the wad manager i can select 249. I don't know what it all means. Anyway if i have to update through an internet connected wii i'm boned until i can get to my brother in laws. As far as layer break goes if I use imgburn to burn the disc...doesn't that automatically use the correct layer break? And also...i know how to patch an iso to 249 on usb loader gx..but not to disc. Again..apologies for my slowness.

Thank you for you patience.

*To ensure the safety of my grandmothers vag...I got it legally...its legal...no master sword boning necessary.*

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're using ImgBurn, you should use this file in order to set the layer break.

laugh.gif
you read my sig... If it's pirated, it's okay (I pirate games). I just got that quote because it's funny
laugh.gif

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dsfanatic5 said:
I aquired the dvd-5 version of MPT (1 & 2), and patched it to 249. Using NeoGamma, you can use this disc to navigate the menus, select Normal difficulty if you wish, and play the game to the first save room. From here on, you can use alt. dol with USB loaders, and continue your game save with your options intact.

While this method works for MP 1 & 2 only (dvd-5), I can always play MP3 from it's original ISO. If you want to display MPT in 480p with a USB loader, use NeoGamma's USB loader function, select your region's 480p mode (video mode option), and patch all (video patch option).
Really,

I Played first Time from Disc.Difficult-Normal.
Now i play the Game with USb and after Saving my Game-Save switch automatic to Veteran.

Bye

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamonkey said:
Wow, I'm sorry for being such a n00b...but my wii doesn't do internet connection from my house (no auto updates..one good thing), and i'm not sure how to update cIOS without the net. The cIos I have says its the 222 installer...but yet from the wad manager i can select 249.

Thank you for you patience.

I have a guide in my tutorial for installing Hermes' IOS offline.

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadUncleLeroy didn't need to patch to 249 and when i'm loading it from usbloader it's already on 249 so i probably don't have to either. I'll give it a shot with the above mentioned layerbreak. I'm not sure if i need neogamma.

Dr. Clipper: Can you confirm Herme's Ios works for this game? (if you don't know i'll give it a shot anyway lol)

Just to make sure i'm understanding:

-First get the update cIos through Dr. Clipper's guide
-Burn disc using correct layer break
-Load up in Backup Launcher 0.3

If anyone can see that this will fail before i start trying it speak up now. I love this forum now.

YayMii: I figured you didn't care...just don't let Miyamoto find out.
ph34r.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper's guide is for USB loaders. All you need for a disc is:
-Install cIOS 13a.
-Patch the ISO.
-Burn with the correct layer break.
-Enjoy MPT from a backup loader [that uses 249], or use the disc channel.

BTW, Dr. Clipper's guide is for using uLoader. If you use a different loader for USB, I think you might need to patch the ISO to 222/223 if you're going to use Hermes' cIOS.

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm offline as i said earlier to get Cios 13a all i'd have to do is follow this guide right?:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I see rev10 in there...but i'm not sure because theres a bunch of files in that included pack. wow, this whole process makes me feel dumb. And if i must patch would you recommend using:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3812

Lol...and I wouldn't be a complete n00b without asking questions about every bullet point..so:

To burn with the correct layer break do i Just burn the iso and limit break on the dvd together or must i do something differently?

(BTW, I use uLoader mostly, but for this game i use usbloader gx because my uLoader wasn't reading the seperate dols for some reason...but it's irrelevant to this post because i'm trying to get the sucker on a disc anyhow).

Thanks again there would be no way i could do this without forum help.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamonkey said:
I'm offline as i said earlier to get Cios 13a all i'd have to do is follow this guide right?:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835You don't need to follow that. It's much simpler than that. All you need is to install this as 249.
Jamonkey said:
I see rev10 in there...but i'm not sure because theres a bunch of files in that included pack. wow, this whole process makes me feel dumb. And if i must patch would you recommend using:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3812Any cIOS from rev7 to rev13b will work. It's just that rev13a works best.
BTW, that's the patcher that I used. It works perfectly.
QUOTE(Jamonkey @ Sep 7 2009, 04:55 PM)
To burn with the correct layer break do i Just burn the iso and limit break on the dvd together or must i do something differently?

(BTW, I use uLoader mostly, but for this game i use usbloader gx because my uLoader wasn't reading the seperate dols for some reason...but it's irrelevant to this post because i'm trying to get the sucker on a disc anyhow).

Thanks again there would be no way i could do this without forum help.
If you use ImgBurn, just use this to set the layer break. Also, I'm pretty sure uLoader is set to use IOS222/223 instead of 249.

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay...First I tried to install the Cios. I might have missed a step but i was under the impression i could rename it boot.dol and get it intalled through loadmii. I did so and it tried initializing to a network that it couldn't find. odd...any advice?

As far as patching goes...i went to install the IOSPather by double clicking the install file and it takes me to a black box saying 'press any key to continue' I pressed 'j'..it typed j...apparently i can use any key BUT j, but i digress. After pressing enter it disappeared and proceeded to load nothing.

Finally, i tried burning the disc with img burn. It couldn't find the layerbreak file. I added it to the list..didn't work. I tried going to tools..ISO..display layer break information..still couldn't find it. I am supposed to be writing an image file to disk right?

I'm apparently reeeallly slow. but if anyone has ideas i'm willing to try anything at this point.

Jamonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so since this particular game is killing my sanity...i'm probably gonna buy it. It will eat into my ds flash cart budget but this game=worth it.

Thanx for everyone trying to help me but i'm at the end of my rope. I have no idea what could be keeping this from working.

n00b face:
wacko.gif

I'll get you next time Gadget Miyamoto.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)