OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dbkaitrans.png

Now with more "don't ask me when there'll be a patch"! It'll be out when it's out and trust me, at this point you won't regret it

Reactions: Shiro_Fubuki

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
Dammit Kosheh another great Translation. I'm gonna patch this right now
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The download link doesn't work 0_o
oh balls

lemme fix that ):

edit: there you go, new patch link. it's on sharebee so there's like
10 places hosting it yeayea

I'll post it on FileTrip when I like
feel like it :/

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here to attack you and burn you in eternal flames...

No, not really. Sure, it's a bit stepping on someone else's toes, but the game doesn't belong to the other team, so I don't see the problem of there being two translations. I don't really need either translation, because I much prefer the actual localization(I play the Japanese version for now).

It will make things a bit confusing, though.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
One good thing to do for starters is to translate the IF stories
tongue.gif

Althought I saw you offering help to elza but he refused (weird though, If I remember correctly he said he had people behind him helping him already) But 2 people translating the same game is a bit "weird" but whatever works.

I am trying to get the customization items but it's very hard since I don't know how, I just trying to fight my way to S in the easy+normal modes. I have unlocked a few but not all :/

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I'm here to attack you and burn you in eternal flames...

No, not really. Sure, it's a bit stepping on someone else's toes, but the game doesn't belong to the other team, so I don't see the problem of there being two translations. I don't really need either translation, because I much prefer the actual localization(I play the Japanese version for now).

It will make things a bit confusing, though.
I knoooooow >: But it's more a SCENE REP thing. They posted first so I gotta explain myself otherwise I'll get FLAMED TO HELL

but I don't see how it's...confusing, it's as simple as like, KOSHEH PATCH and ELZA PATCH
tongue.gif

Wasn't it like that with the Soma Bringer patch? it was one of the big project patches that had a fork where two teams worked on their own versions of the patch
tongue.gif

QUOTE(N-TG @ Feb 6 2011, 11:42 PM) One good thing to do for starters is to translate the IF stories
tongue.gif

Althought I saw you offering help to elza but he refused (weird though, If I remember correctly he said he had people behind him helping him already) But 2 people translating the same game is a bit "weird" but whatever works.

I am trying to get the customization items but it's very hard since I don't know how, I just trying to fight my way to S in the easy+normal modes. I have unlocked a few but not all :/
I unlocked the Piccolo-turban by beating Piccolo in the 5th stage (the middle row on far left, between first stage and first IF) on Normal; I got an S-Rank on it though, but later on after beating that weird alien bunch (Guldo, Burter and Recoome) I manged to get a rice hat while getting like, a B :/

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
I knoooooow >: But it's more a SCENE REP thing. They posted first so I gotta explain myself otherwise I'll get FLAMED TO HELL

but I don't see how it's...confusing, it's as simple as like, KOSHEH PATCH and ELZA PATCH
tongue.gif

Wasn't it like that with the Soma Bringer patch? it was one of the big project patches that had a fork where two teams worked on their own versions of the patch
tongue.gif

But in the end, there was only one patch for Soma Bringer that everyone recognized, correct?

I don't get the whole Rep thing. Getting an e-peen will always attract negative attention and to be honest, they deserve it. (If you mean scene rep in a different way, let me know.)

All people will see is a Dragon Ball translation patch. It's a bit like when I released the patch for TMGS2, people were confusing us for the team that did TMGS1 :/
I don't see the point of doing translations for games you know will get localized. It just shows how impatient people can be.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
kosheh said:

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

But in the end, there was only one patch for Soma Bringer that everyone recognized, correct?

I don't get the whole Rep thing. Getting an e-peen will always attract negative attention and to be honest, they deserve it. (If you mean scene rep in a different way, let me know.)

All people will see is a Dragon Ball translation patch. It's a bit like when I released the patch for TMGS2, people were confusing us for the team that did TMGS1 :/
I don't see the point of doing translations for games you know will get localized. It just shows how impatient people can be.

No-one knows if DBKAI: UB will be Localized because of the 3DS's release in March.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
kosheh said:

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Why do scanlations continue even though most good manga is licensed?
Same issue pretty much; you know it's gonna get localized yeah but there's either the slim chance of it not actually happening, or as is the case with DBZ Rise of the Saiyans (?), is artfully released at the same time of another DBZ game on its big-brother console (DBZ Revenge of King Piccolo) or in other words, takes forever to come out.

Also as littlegoku said above me, the 3DS
yeah

me, i just like translatin' fighting games :J

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosheh I love all of your translations like for the naruto games and everything. I kinda wish that you and Elza could've worked together on this even though I know he did'nt want anymore translators. Things would've gotten done much faster that way lol. Good luck with this though. How much are you planning on translating btw?

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
gokujr1000 said:
No-one knows if DBKAI: UB will be Localized because of the 3DS's release in March.

Did Nintendo say they would stop making games for the DS once it's released?

That is true but don't be surprised of Companies don't want to waste money on a console which has a big chance of dying due to the 3DS. It is common sense to assume that Ultimate Butoden will get localized but I won't be surprised if it won't...

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
That is true but don't be surprised of Companies don't want to waste money on a console which has a big chance of dying due to the 3DS. It is common sense to assume that Ultimate Butoden will get localized but I won't be surprised if it won't...

When the DS came out, gba games were still being made... so much for that common sense.
I can assure you, if it'll make them money, they'll take the chance.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:
gokujr1000 said:

When the DS came out, gba games were still being made... so much for that common sense.
I can assure you, if it'll make them money, they'll take the chance.

But also the GBA died out not to soon after. They intended for the Gba and DS to be running together and that's what they intend for now. But the GBA Died out. Don't be surprised if history repeats itself.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
But also the GBA died out not to soon after. They intended for the Gba and DS to be running together and that's what they intend for now. But the GBA Died out. Don't be surprised if history repeats itself.

Nor would I be. Every system dies out, it's inevitable. However, don't expect for the DS to automatically die at the arrival of the 3DS. Not everyone will be able to afford it in the beginning and it won't have that many games.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading through the post and I know that this is something small to point out but :
kosheh said:
If you want, you can think of Elza's project as the Ocean Group Dub and mine as the FUNimation dub, lol
I promise I won't remove all instances of death in the series though
tongue.gif
I thought Ocean Dub removed all instances of death, small I know
tongue.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:
I was reading through the post and I know that this is something small to point out but :
kosheh said:
If you want, you can think of Elza's project as the Ocean Group Dub and mine as the FUNimation dub, lol
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Oh

I literally wiki'd the Ocean/FUNimation tidbit like half an hour ago before and skimmed it
I'm not actually a huge DBZ fan; I was hoping this game would actually get me more into it.
But that makes more sense, network demands were sillier back in the 90's x)

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
kosheh said:
GameWinner said:
kosheh said:
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Oh

I literally wiki'd the Ocean/FUNimation tidbit like half an hour ago before and skimmed it
I'm not actually a huge DBZ fan; I was hoping this game would actually get me more into it.

If your going to get Into DBZ just watch Dragon Ball Kai. It follows the manga more closely and has barely any filler.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
gokujr1000 said:
kosheh said:
GameWinner said:
kosheh said:
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Oh

If your going to get Into DBZ just watch Dragon Ball Kai. It follows the manga more closely and has barely any filler.

I have seen all DBZ and tried to see the DB Kai... It was good because of the -making fights smaller- and -removing fillers- but that rock soundtrack destroyed the entire feeling of the series, If anybody wants to see Dragonball I suggest the original series even if it's 297 episodes and not 100. Nowdays a lot of people watch so many episodes of Naruto + Bleach Fillers might as well see something classic with less episodes
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16