ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I wasn't referring to you ignoring us.
smile.gif
By the way, awesome work on this translation. If you need any help, ask me. I'm really good at photoshop.

Btw, if you find out how to make the Ap work with the translation, please post here. I'm dying to play this with your translation.
frown.gif

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know if It was mentioned anywhere, but I'm curious kosheh, might tell us what flashcard you are using? Did you have to apply the fix manually to make it work?
If it's a Supercard DSTWO then they have their own way of passing AP if I'm not mistaken.

It wouldn't be just the R4, but it also didn't work on my M3dsReal while running three different firmwares, in this case Sakura 1.49, Wood for M3 1.23 and eh...I dunno which version it is, don't have my DS at hand right at the moment, but it is the YSmenu that comes with the M3 Quadboot.
With all of them the game still freezes at booting it up when it shows the Nintendo Logo.
So, don't know if it just results to R4/M3 being "bad cards" or maybe the firmwares in general. :/

pokeblade Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how long this is going to take for you to translate because 3DS is coming
frown.gif

i think you should work with Elza and his/shes second translator ShadowSora with this english translation
unsure.gif
so everyone can get the translated patch faster which would be awesome!
smile.gif
cant wait!
wacko.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokeblade Z said:
I wonder how long this is going to take for you to translate because 3DS is coming
frown.gif

i think you should work with elza with this english translation
unsure.gif
smile.gif

cant wait!
wacko.gif
Wait...what does that have to do with the translation and how long it will take?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@kosheh

please , fix for make it works in ysmenu 6.48

clean rom working very good but with this patch it doesn't work

too many people want to see your amazing job :/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiruma9702 said:
Keram said:
For an insult, this was pretty mild, you even considered not displaying actual words, what a cute censor.
laugh.gif
So all in all you are just being impolite.

As for the translation, since the translators of the two available version there just recently started to work together, you might as well have a little patience and wait for the first version with both efforts combined to come out and since you don't have any AP problems with Elzas current version this might as well be the same for the new, combined version.
Also if I'm not mistaken, it was somewhere stated that this translation might include the AP patch in later translations anyway.

Edit:
Also, since efforts are now combined
smile.gif
will there be a new thread for this or should we stick with this thread here? If we stay here maybe a rename and a statement in the starter post would clear up a few things and make it easier for new readers to see whats going on.

Thanks dude, that's the kind of answer I was waitin for not just some people who say nothin but craps, I'll be patient and wait for a new patch and I'm sorry for this ... I'm just DESPERATE about this ...

Sorry again
Don't worry about it, it's not your fault that you can't play this game and I don't blame you for getting mad.

Also, I'm loving the font
yaynds.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Keram said:
I don't know if It was mentioned anywhere, but I'm curious kosheh, might tell us what flashcard you are using? Did you have to apply the fix manually to make it work?
If it's a Supercard DSTWO then they have their own way of passing AP if I'm not mistaken.

It wouldn't be just the R4, but it also didn't work on my M3dsReal while running three different firmwares, in this case Sakura 1.49, Wood for M3 1.23 and eh...I dunno which version it is, don't have my DS at hand right at the moment, but it is the YSmenu that comes with the M3 Quadboot.
With all of them the game still freezes at booting it up when it shows the Nintendo Logo.
So, don't know if it just results to R4/M3 being "bad cards" or maybe the firmwares in general. :/
I have an Acekard 2i. I'm running AKAIO 1.8.5a so I never needed any sort of AP, lol

It might actually have to do with the read/write speed of your SD card :V

Doesn't Wood update frequently enough to patch this game anyway, lol?

hmmm i did some things with the translation today humhum

As you can see I got (most) graphics to work, so I translated all the main menu options except for Story Mode because of weird errors I keep getting with the software I'm using. However, Story Mode's the only option NOT translated out of the others, so it should be pretty easy to tell which one I'm talking about
tongue.gif

Also, you can now get all the way up to a match in VS CPU without seeing any texty Japanese. Only 3 stage names aren't translated and that's because I'm trying to figure out a clever way to fit them in. :/

Now, I've gotta go work on the Piccolo & Gohan (?) wallpaper.

Piccolo is very invasive with his questioning. :V

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kosheh said:
Keram said:

I have an Acekard 2i. I'm running AKAIO 1.8.5a so I never needed any sort of AP, lol

It might actually have to do with the read/write speed of your SD card :V

Doesn't Wood update frequently enough to patch this game anyway, lol?

It ain't a Wood R4 just a R4 SDHC from www.R4i-SDHC.com their last upadate is from January 27th... BTW I'll by a DSTwo that reads any clean rom you aski it to.... This one too and also cause it supports GBA ans SNES roms
yaynds.gif

As I really don't wanna search on the net, I'll get it for a double reason if nothin is done wtihin a few weeks ...
and it seems to be the better linker you can find so this posibiloty is kinda good to consider too, someone else advices it to me a few months ago already, so I'm just gonna order one

But still, I thank you for your help shot ...

hmmm i did some things with the translation today humhum

As you can see I got (most) graphics to work, so I translated all the main menu options except for Story Mode because of weird errors I keep getting with the software I'm using. However, Story Mode's the only option NOT translated out of the others, so it should be pretty easy to tell which one I'm talking about
tongue.gif

Also, you can now get all the way up to a match in VS CPU without seeing any texty Japanese. Only 3 stage names aren't translated and that's because I'm trying to figure out a clever way to fit them in. :/

Now, I've gotta go work on the Piccolo & Gohan (?) wallpaper.

Piccolo is very invasive with his questioning. :V

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djalmafreestyler said:
@kosheh

please , fix for make it works in ysmenu 6.48

clean rom working very good but with this patch it doesn't work

too many people want to see your amazing job :/
Yeah, there has to be a way to make this work. Kosheh actually can't help us, we need help from those who made the previous patches.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pokeblade Z said:
frown.gif

i think you should work with Elza and his/shes second translator ShadowSora with this english translation
unsure.gif
smile.gif
cant wait!
wacko.gif

If I'm not mistaken they ARE working together.

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Im just wondering.. the ones talking about AP..
Does it work when.. like.. patching the translation, THEN patching the AP?

If this works, I think it will solve any non lazy users problems.

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neninef said:
Im just wondering.. the ones talking about AP..
Does it work when.. like.. patching the translation, THEN patching the AP?

If this works, I think it will solve any non lazy users problems.
Tried both ways. Doesn't work. Anything with a translation doesnt work. The JP rom Ap patched works.

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Dann Woolf said:
pokeblade Z said:
frown.gif

unsure.gif
smile.gif
cant wait!
wacko.gif

If I'm not mistaken they ARE working together.

no!!
see this:

As you noticed, I had offered my assistance
several times to Elza which he for some reason refused, so rather than my work go to waste, I decided to just release it
instead.

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinbad.the.sailer said:
Patch it with this ap fix after applying the translation patch
http://filetrip.net/f23858-Dragon-Ball-Kai...Butou--1-0.html

changed it a bit to work with translation patches
Thanks for this, but it still gives me the error. I think each time it accesses the save, it gets screwed.

Gives me a errorcode-4 on my Ysmenu and with my Wood, each time it accesses the save it hangs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: