ROM Hack ANOTHER DragonBall Kai Ultimate Butouden Translation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we use English-named moves like Spirit Bomb instead of Genki Dama? Is this due to the lack of character space available when translating it?

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
blahkamehameha said:
Can we keep this a translation thread instead of an AP patch thread?

Can we keep this topic from people like who don't have anythin interestin to say and just write CRAP ??
you're just a SELFISH IDIOT I'm just trying to get this patch to work with AP patch

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
kosheh said:
The only problem I'm having is getting the palette to display properly in Tile Molester so the result doesn't look extremely gruesome
You mind me PMing you asking you how you managed to do all that?
the palette is pissing me off in megatons

like, I TOTALLY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, I AM LITERALLY A STEP AWAY
I just had a total brainfart and can't remember how to have the palettes match so images don't become hideous. Can they be imported via savestates?

That's a pain but Tilemolester doesn't support nds emus savestates.
You'll have to figure out the palette.

After the tiles you'll see 256b (dec) lz-10 compressed files. I guess these are the palettes (but CT2 crashes when I tried to extract them).

Well, for fast editing you can still use greyscales.

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hiruma9702 said:
blahkamehameha said:

Can we keep this topic from people like who don't have anythin interestin to say and just write CRAP ??
you're just a SELFISH IDIOT I'm just trying to get this patch to work with AP patch
Get a decent flashcard, and no problems with AP anymore
biggrin.gif

I kinda got lost on the log.. the next step is translating the menu images or the mottos? Or something tottaly different?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiruma9702 said:
blahkamehameha said:

You just contradicted yourself, seems you're the "selfish idiot". I don't mean to be mean, but don't go around calling others names when you are the one doing this for yourself and insulting others via baseless conjecture.

Plus, I'm also wondering about the english names. They're not needed, I don't even care if they're added, just wondering about them.

neninef said:
Hiruma9702 said:
QUOTE(blahkamehameha @ Feb 9 2011, 07:53 AM)

biggrin.gif

I kinda got lost on the log.. the next step is translating the menu images or the mottos? Or something tottaly different?
O_O

Neninef, that was probably the best AP answer I've seen all day
bow.gif

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
neninef said:
Hiruma9702 said:
blahkamehameha said:

biggrin.gif

first I never had any problem of this kind before I was just askin for a SOLUTION !

Secondly a baseless conjecture, okay don't forget that I'm french

Thirdly I don't really think that selfish and idiot are some reals insults, I also could have been meaner than this, I don't understand how hard you show on a guy who's finally just searching to solve his problem ...

ELZA version works real good on my DS so if I HAVE to use this one, I'll do... I just ain't as if I couldn't play at all

Here and now I'll be insultin you : you're some fackin morrons nothin more ...

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For an insult, this was pretty mild, you even considered not displaying actual words, what a cute censor.
laugh.gif
So all in all you are just being impolite.

As for the translation, since the translators of the two available version there just recently started to work together, you might as well have a little patience and wait for the first version with both efforts combined to come out and since you don't have any AP problems with Elzas current version this might as well be the same for the new, combined version.
Also if I'm not mistaken, it was somewhere stated that this translation might include the AP patch in later translations anyway.

Edit:
Also, since efforts are now combined
smile.gif
will there be a new thread for this or should we stick with this thread here? If we stay here maybe a rename and a statement in the starter post would clear up a few things and make it easier for new readers to see whats going on.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
kosheh said:
Btw, I know I wrote Vegeta Majin, but if a DBZ nerd can fill me in; "Majin" translates to "Evil" like "Bad Guy". What exactly is that form of Vegeta called in the dub with the weird scribble on his head?
And is it "Adult Gohan" or "Future Gohan"? I played a little of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 today; it seems like
yeah

Also, I found out the hat in the accessories is actually the Ox-King Hat. You don't know how proud of myself i am. x)

Well, his name is Majin Vegeta because of the "Magician" that put him it on too him. Babidi (With his Father Bibidi and the evil creature they made Buu - see something funny at their names? XD) when he can sense something Evil in somebody's heart he uses his magic to give him more power (that's why Vegeta managed to go to SSJ2 when he was in Majin form) and he put's that M in his forehead to "mark" his master.

Also I think it's Adult Gohan and not the Future Gohan from Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Although Future Gohan is very good too bad he wasn't in the game XD)

badgerkins

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if somebody has pointed this out or you are aware of it and will be fixing it but when you replay a mission and the game asks whether you want to use a different character, the text goes off the screen and 'character' has been misspelt.

Hiruma9702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Keram said:
For an insult, this was pretty mild, you even considered not displaying actual words, what a cute censor.
laugh.gif
So all in all you are just being impolite.

As for the translation, since the translators of the two available version there just recently started to work together, you might as well have a little patience and wait for the first version with both efforts combined to come out and since you don't have any AP problems with Elzas current version this might as well be the same for the new, combined version.
Also if I'm not mistaken, it was somewhere stated that this translation might include the AP patch in later translations anyway.

Edit:
Also, since efforts are now combined
smile.gif
will there be a new thread for this or should we stick with this thread here? If we stay here maybe a rename and a statement in the starter post would clear up a few things and make it easier for new readers to see whats going on.

Thanks dude, that's the kind of answer I was waitin for not just some people who say nothin but craps, I'll be patient and wait for a new patch and I'm sorry for this ... I'm just DESPERATE about this ...

Sorry again

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is that the patch inclusive the AP fix? If yes I could try it out.
I haven't tried out the game at all yet, just followed the thread. So if anybody could point out, what the AP actually does, I can look for that on my M3 and then see, if the patch works.

Edit: Alright, screen freezes at the Nintendo symbol when starting, so thats the AP I guess. Now onto the patching~

Edit2: Nope, sorry, still continues to freeze on game startup on the nintendo screen. :/
Tried out in Wood for M3 1.23 and Sakura 1.49

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wombo Combo said:
Kind of confused which translation is farther along?
QUOTE(badgerkins @ Feb 9 2011, 10:29 AM) Dunno if somebody has pointed this out or you are aware of it and will be fixing it but when you replay a mission and the game asks whether you want to use a different character, the text goes off the screen and 'character' has been misspelt.
Found this out the moment I replayed a story episode. Since then it's been fixed. :J

scharacter

gonna try to crack the images a little more nicely this time

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiruma9702 said:
What you did is just GREAT dude, but it won't work if you AP patch it to fix the Nintendo Start Fix screen please just do somethin ...

I'm using first a clean rom (i need it for your patch) i do patch it but then, Raku Raku Patcher 1.2 doesn't wan't to AP patch it ...

So do i have to play the ELZA version that works with AP patch ? please HEEEEEELP
cry.gif
I'm becomin mad cause i just can't get your patch to work with AP patch
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

It's drivin me totally mad PLEASE HELP ME (i'm usin R4 SDHC with the last menu 1.32B)
Same here.

Please help. Many of us can't play this game translated because of this problem.
frown.gif
frown.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugh, I was literally two seconds away from punching Photoshop in the face for constantly crashing and then my tileditor bitching about not letting me save because the file was too large

too large my ass is too large
finallyf.png

this was a chore on its own ugh; I'm slightly less motivated to do the rest, but
at least I got the hang of it
hard part now is to match the weird gradients and textures and perspectives they've got going on

Are you guys OK with that font, though? Or would Boulder have been a better choice?

SylentEcho said:
Hiruma9702 said:
What you did is just GREAT dude, but it won't work if you AP patch it to fix the Nintendo Start Fix screen please just do somethin ...

I'm using first a clean rom (i need it for your patch) i do patch it but then, Raku Raku Patcher 1.2 doesn't wan't to AP patch it ...

So do i have to play the ELZA version that works with AP patch ? please HEEEEEELP
cry.gif
I'm becomin mad cause i just can't get your patch to work with AP patch
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

It's drivin me totally mad PLEASE HELP ME (i'm usin R4 SDHC with the last menu 1.32B)
Same here.

Please help. Many of us can't play this game translated because of this problem.
frown.gif
frown.gif
hmm

Is the WoodR4 one of the problem cards? I could at least test out the ARM7 fix I've mentioned like 3 times but never actually tested on there.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylentEcho said:
Yes, I'm using R4 with Wood and Ysmenu. Can you please help us? A lot of us are facing problems and are just being ignored.
frown.gif
It's not so much me ignoring you, it's moreso me not knowing how to even remedy the problem in the first place.

I'm a texthacker/sprite-ripper, not an AP cracker. ):

Also permissions have been lifted on the spreadsheet. Totally forgot to enable editing for those who view it.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As...uthkey=CIyX15IM

Don't troll; if you want to help, help. Don't ruin it for everybody and do something dumb with the spreadsheet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte