gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
tutorial?

i don't find any tutorials in the menu, where it is?
blink.gif
wacko.gif

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I

am

not sure. :I

I'm not sure what in the world Elza's up to. @_@

If he wants to jump back onboard my project, I don't mind. Even if he doesn't do anything, the company is still nice lol.

I do wanna extend a question to someone, and they know who they are
Yeah there's PMs but they're a team, so I'll just post it here:

I remember you were working on some translation for Elza's patch, but it seems in this latest (and final) patch that it wasn't included. If you've already done a significant amount of work on it and don't want it to go to waste, do you mind if it could be used in my patch?

You will both get credit and huge props for doing so - possibly IN the patch if I can eke it in!

If you don't want to due to your opinions and view of my work, it's no biggie - but an acknowledgement "Nah, it's OK, but thanks for the offer" would be nice. :J

gamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Dann Woolf said:
Kaioken said:
So, are you guys still working on the patch? Haven't heard from Elza about an upcoming patch in a while..

You know what they say, no news is good news.

i never really believed in elza work about this project, his disrespect attitute towards kosheh, his lack of frankness with everybody, his lack of communication etc... (could you find a good reason to want to lock his topic...?)

what happened shows i was true.

BluDBZGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
All right. Remember that file I didn't know how to fix?

Well, I just fixed it RIGHT NOW.
Did a huge rehaul to one of the files (had to delete over 160,000 bytes BY HAND! i've got such a bad cramp right now) and recompiled from a fresh JP ROM, so everything should be like new again! Tested Gohan's special in DeSmuMe, no problems!

http://filetrip.net/f24121-DragonBall-Kai-...ation]-53a.html

53a. a FOR AWESOME

Try the issues you had before now. I had accidentally merged three files together somehow and the pointers from each file must have been tripping up one another. It should work just fine now. :J

Heck I use an Acekard - so you might wanna retry that Tutorial 3 again. _>)....as for me I'm not using it I'm sticking with this one(@gamez I agree). If you plan to do story mode tackle the WHAT-IFS first trust me that's everyone's priority at the moment
smile.gif
. Final quick question is the main menu story mode going to get a logo in the next patch or are you saving it till the final patch?

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BluDBZGamer said:
Final quick question is the main menu story mode going to get a logo in the next patch or are you saving it till the final patch?
I've been trying to figure out how to edit it - no luck as of yet. That and the menu banners (the top left corner of the top screen, where it says things like "Main Menu" and "Character Select") have been very tricky to edit because I'll get errors that they're somehow too big for the ROM. :{

oh and i just got told hard over pm.

it so owned. i wanted to reply but it seems they've blocked my replies.
go figure, lol

whatever, it's cool - and as for your response, person since i can't PM you and I'll keep this short as I can: No problem, it's cool and I totally understand. However, there seems to be a huge misunderstanding going on here...

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badgerkins said:
Thanks for the fix Kosheh. You're a legend
bow.gif
I wouldn't go that far, I'm nowhere near legendary yet lol. I'm hacking just one DS game here

also pardon me for i am a nerd
A friend pointed out that I forgot to credit a certain somebody for her help so I updated that first post.
Something didn't feel right anyway, so thanks a ton for the reminder :J

oh and I figured I'd mention this because 1) it's obvious and 2) the game launches next week
I'm probably gonna go much slower with my project, because I'm gonna be playing Pokemon Black all the time lol. So if this project gets delayed massively and I forget about it

you'll know why
tongue.gif

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In my opinion the MOST important point to translate are that subtitles of that cutscenes in story mode,
cuz with this we can understand what the characters are talking about !

Elza didn't do that in his final patch
mellow.gif

what do you think about ?

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed that there is a sword called "rd", and I remember that before it was called something like "BrvSword". What happened?
And thanks for the translation
yaynds.gif

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djalmafreestyler said:
In my opinion the MOST important point to translate are that subtitles of that cutscenes in story mode,

mellow.gif

I think translating the rest of the motto effects is priority one, since those affect gameplay.

In any event though, thanks so much for your work on this, kosheh!

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SABERinBLUE said:
djalmafreestyler said:

mellow.gif

I think translating the rest of the motto effects is priority one, since those affect gameplay.

In any event though, thanks so much for your work on this, kosheh!

yeah maybe

but anyway thanks a lot Kosheh for spend your time translating for us

yaynds.gif

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosheh is doing a great job with this patch.

Elza's patch was a flop to say the least. I downloaded the final one, but I was surprised to find that the progress pics that he had posted earlier weren't even in the game. Like the "Planet vegeta...a baby was born" pic, that part wasn't even translated.

I'm thinking he must have somehow lost some new progress, so instead of doing it again, he just released what he had and ended the project.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was his first project, and kosheh just happened to be working on it as well. I suspect Elza just ragequit because he couldn't keep up and wanted to become well-known for being the ONE to translate this game or something.

Kaioken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djalmafreestyler: hey how did you manage to put elza's final patch onto your r4 or clone or acekard or whichever you own? its an xdelta file not a .pat file.. unlike koshe's patches. can you help me?

Supersaiyan627

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex_32571 said:
It was his first project, and kosheh just happened to be working on it as well. I suspect Elza just ragequit because he couldn't keep up and wanted to become well-known for being the ONE to translate this game or something.

Uh, don't assume that Elza basically stopped the translation because someone else came out with another translation. You're making Elza look like some whiny baby when I'm sure he is not. Isn't Elza working with kosheh anyway? And besides, Elza is going to school so he can't spend all his time in this forum like you Alex_32571 (I'm guessing you are 40 years old judging by the numbers in your user name).

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if I understand correctly, Elza started off not wanting any help, to do the entire project himself. Then kosheh came along with a great patch, and he and Elza joined forces. But this didn't last very long, as Elza went back to working by himself over something silly. Elza released his final patch, and it wasn't really worth the download.

And going by numbers, are you 62 Supersaiyan627?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr