Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any cheap NFC reader/writers ? (either USB or a Phone)
Dont have any android phones available, but am looking to pick up a 2nd ed. amiiqo from @EllioneDHunter.
Since its cheaper and i dont have the $75 to put down for a 1st ed. ATM.

(I do have an iphone 6 which has NFC capabilities, but i doubt the makers will release an ios app/ Cydia app)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If i can secure a NFC reader/writer now ill preorder a 2nd ed.
& start dumping all my amiibos (& future amiibos) once i receive it.

Last edited by kingsora831,

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont get it, if you have a phone with NFC capabilities, which the first version of this device requires, you an already spoof amiibo with your phone. They will be working on a version for non NFC android phones, but still, it just needs to be (mini)usb compatible and a lot cheaper for me to get interested.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the Bin download, and I get how to scan in new amiibos, but how to you get the downloaded bin data into the app, and subsequently, the amiiqo?
To use the bin files, just unzip the folder to the root of your phone. Should be one folder with folders inside sorted by game. Select the game of the amiibo you want and then select the amiibo's bin. Press okay and hold the amiiqo to your phone until it says successfully added to bank #. On another note, I'm working on something else right now but I'm also going to reupload the Smash Bro amiibos without any data so they act like they're fresh from packaging. People been asking about it and I'll try to do it before noon tomorrow.

Reactions: Madridi

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use the bin files, just unzip the folder to the root of your phone. Should be one folder with folders inside sorted by game. Select the game of the amiibo you want and then select the amiibo's bin. Press okay and hold the amiiqo to your phone until it says successfully added to bank #. On another note, I'm working on something else right now but I'm also going to reupload the Smash Bro amiibos without any data so they act like they're fresh from packaging. People been asking about it and I'll try to do it before noon tomorrow.

isnt it possible to erase an amiibo's existing data in system settings? (System settings, Amiibo, Erase User Data)
Maybe you should redirect people there while you work on redumping all the Smash amiibo.

Unless ofcourse, you can't erase the data on an amiiqo thru system settings which i doubt is the case.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt it possible to erase an amiibo's existing data in system settings? (System settings, Amiibo, Erase User Data)
Maybe you should redirect people there while you work on redumping all the Smash amiibo.

Unless ofcourse, you can't erase the data on an amiiqo thru system settings which i doubt is the case.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. But I'll be done and just update my postings on the forums I have it posted to.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont get it, if you have a phone with NFC capabilities, which the first version of this device requires, you an already spoof amiibo with your phone. They will be working on a version for non NFC android phones, but still, it just needs to be (mini)usb compatible and a lot cheaper for me to get interested.
iPhones don't let you use nfc on their phone. I wasn't aware iPhone 6 had the capability though

N3evin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any cheap NFC reader/writers ? (either USB or a Phone)
Dont have any android phones available, but am looking to pick up a 2nd ed. amiiqo from @EllioneDHunter.
Since its cheaper and i dont have the $75 to put down for a 1st ed. ATM.

(I do have an iphone 6 which has NFC capabilities, but i doubt the makers will release an ios app/ Cydia app)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If i can secure a NFC reader/writer now ill preorder a 2nd ed.
& start dumping all my amiibos (& future amiibos) once i receive it.

They had make a usb reader/writer for it for PC, which will be release at the end of September.
http://www.amiiqo.com/2108-amiqo-usb-readerwriter-preorders/

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, sorry if I am just being a noob, but does anyone know if it is possible to swap the order of amiibos without the need of rewritting each slot?

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry if I am just being a noob, but does anyone know if it is possible to swap the order of amiibos without the need of rewritting each slot?
Sadly, no. Hopefully they add that in a future update.
Are you selling the Amiiqo still??
Yes, I have 2 first editions on hand and I'll have 2 2nd editions left unpreordered, along with some others. I've ordered the 2nd editions so I should get them next week unless they decide to ship late.
I wish someone would say they got their amiiqo but no one said anything. :L

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just logged in to say I did receive my amiibo from Cocokitty.She updated the firmware for us before shipping it out. She even has a site with all of the current amiibos ready to download. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it's amazing! She even let us know that we can register our amiiqo on the official site to get a free one since we ordered before the 15th.

I am extremely happy with her service.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, no. Hopefully they add that in a future update.

Yes, I have 2 first editions on hand and I'll have 2 2nd editions left unpreordered, along with some others. I've ordered the 2nd editions so I should get them next week unless they decide to ship late.
I wish someone would say they got their amiiqo but no one said anything. :L
Whats the prices and difference between versions

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the prices and difference between versions
The first editions were more expensive to see if the market would buy the Amiiqo. They did so any Amiiqo that were made before the 18 stayed the same price BUT their serials can be used to get a gift from Amiiqo for getting them early, gift being the choice between a free spare amiiqo or free USB NFC Reader/Writer when they release, both sent free to you by the Amiiqo team. The second editions are Amiiqo made after the 18th which are cheaper but don't qualify for the free gift and they come without any amiibo installed to them.
I just logged in to say I did receive my amiibo from Cocokitty.She updated the firmware for us before shipping it out. She even has a site with all of the current amiibos ready to download. I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it's amazing! She even let us know that we can register our amiiqo on the official site to get a free one since we ordered before the 15th.

I am extremely happy with her service.
Also, thank you! I'm glad you were satisfied!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The first editions were more expensive to see if the market would buy the Amiiqo. They did so any Amiiqo that were made before the 18 stayed the same price BUT their serials can be used to get a gift from Amiiqo for getting them early, gift being the choice between a free spare amiiqo or free USB NFC Reader/Writer when they release, both sent free to you by the Amiiqo team. The second editions are Amiiqo made after the 18th which are cheaper but don't qualify for the free gift and they come without any amiibo installed to them.

Also, thank you! I'm glad you were satisfied!

If it's copy and paste type of work to get the amiibo data transferred to the amiiqo then that'll be easy and no biggie. I'm waiting for the budget edition to pop up because the 1st edt. was just too much for a pirated device.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's copy and paste type of work to get the amiibo data transferred to the amiiqo then that'll be easy and no biggie. I'm waiting for the budget edition to pop up because the 1st edt. was just too much for a pirated device.
Yeah, the second editions are $50 dollars, not that big a drop but that's the price of only 3 amiibo, (3 x $15+tax) so it's something. I plan to keep my second editions in short order since I, myself, don't want be left hanging with amiiqos I end up not selling. I had 15 pre-orders available with 5 dollars off the price. Any I have afterwards are gonna be $50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?