Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably coded to show up in the app, and when you lock it, it becomes coded to only show as a regular amiibo.
When you try to dump/read it with another app, it just shows up as an Amiibo would, since it's just 1:1 copies loaded on there, locked sectors and all.

But when unlocked, what does it show up like I'm wondering? There must be a different mode that allows the app to see the difference and access all the banks. What kind of a chip and what size does it show up as when unlocked? I'm just trying to figure out what makes it so different from the standard Mifare Ultralight developer kits we already have, beside the button that lets you switch Amiibo.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, here's an update for all you who wanted to pay less.
---
We have great news for all Amiiqo fans and users today. Past, present and future users!

First, a warm thanks to all for your support, Amiiqo launch has been a tremendous success and it means that our second much larger production batch is on its way. But more importantly this means we are able to drop the Amiiqo suggested retail price to $49.95, our originally intended pricing, once the initial startup/tooling costs could be guaranteed. Thanks to you guys, it was reached much faster than expected.

To thank all of you who made this kick-starter possible, we are thrilled to announce the choice of either a free Amiiqo unit ( shipped within 2 weeks ) or our upcoming USB reader / writer ( estimated start of shipping end of September ) to all our loyal early adopters who purchased a unit BEFORE August 18th.

In the coming days we will release an update to our android app that will reveal a unique serial number for your amiiqo, all you need to do is send an email to ( sales @ amiiqo . com ) with your serial number and choice of reader or amiiqo in the subject line and your full mailing address in the email body.

Rest assured there is more exciting news coming! ( Hint, Did you know your amiiqo firmware is fully updatable? )

Right on their front page :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm probably gonna get a pre-order page setup on my site for the second editions soon. My first editions are selling kinda fast now, went from 42 to 28 within the day of the announcement.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nice. Price lowered, and freebies for existing owners, way to look out for the consumers. I wish more companies had great service like this.
At $50, I might just pick one up, I was really hoping for the price to drop to around $40 and I suppose that some websites will sell it closer to that price once it becomes more widespread. Once it appears on eachmall or something for around $40 I will buy one in a heartbeat.

Reactions: elmoemo

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been home from work since 9, it's 12:30 and I can't even go to bed because people won't stop ordering. I'm probably gonna be forced to do a pre-order for second editions. Thinking my price will be $48 because my unhealthy oppression with 3.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
does that post mean Playmods buyers get 4 amiiqo, and a USB reader for €70 ?
they replied to my email, they've backed down on their original 2 for 1 offer now, and instead offering this(1 amiiqo from them, 1 or the usb thing from amiiqo). :(
Shame.

connor breen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the Bin download, and I get how to scan in new amiibos, but how to you get the downloaded bin data into the app, and subsequently, the amiiqo?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't amiibo features be enabled via cheat codes in certain games? I really wanted to play with the fire emblem characters in codename S.T.E.A.M for example...

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Can't amiibo features be enabled via cheat codes in certain games? I really wanted to play with the fire emblem characters in codename S.T.E.A.M for example...
Can't apparently. You'd have to use the amiibos for those....

I'm now hoping that they'd come up with online functions for amiibos........
Would give people more reason as to why they should buy one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night