Hardware Announcing the amiiqo - Switch amiibo's with ease!

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was honestly going to make a purchase from you seeing as how a lot of people have done so already. However I thought I read somewhere(either here or @ MaxConsole) that you only ship to the US. And that you may ship international depending on how things go? Sorry If I'm mistaken. (this was when amiiqo's were 80$ or w/e before the price cut)

Therefore I decided to place an order from axiogame on August 30th after the price cut.

On a side note, if everything does go ok with axiogame, I will definitely place an order from you on behalf of my friend as he is waiting for me to receive my amiiqo first. (if shipping to Canada is still an option that is) :)
Yeah, at first, it was that you had to contact me first because I didn't have a proper shipping price in place. One of my recent customers let me use their address via invoice to see what I should charge, after that I updated my prices so that people didn't have to pay way more than what it costs to ship.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, at first, it was that you had to contact me first because I didn't have a proper shipping price in place. One of my recent customers let me use their address via invoice to see what I should charge, after that I updated my prices so that people didn't have to pay way more than what it costs to ship.
Hey Ellione I got my amiiqo from choco but it won't switch characters when I push the button???

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ellione I got my amiiqo from choco but it won't switch characters when I push the button???
Possible reasons:
You might have an Amiibo on it that wasn't added completely or slot not in use. Readd them and wait until it says its done or make sure you remove/fill any unused slots. The Amiiqo can't cycle past a incomplete/empty slot.

You might think it has external power when it doesn't. Try holding the button and scanning it while you hold it. This is such a common mistake, lol. That's due to them not staying this in their manual.

There's more reasons but one of these should solve the problem.

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible reasons:
You might have an Amiibo on it that wasn't added completely or slot not in use. Readd them and wait until it says its done or make sure you remove/fill any unused slots. The Amiiqo can't cycle past a incomplete/empty slot.

You might think it has external power when it doesn't. Try holding the button and scanning it while you hold it. This is such a common mistake, lol. That's due to them not staying this in their manual.

There's more reasons but one of these should solve the problem.
Okay I will try it but it is so inconsistent it switches character at random not in order so I hold the button while scanning or before

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You hold it before scanning it, scan and let go after the game reads it or move it away from the scanner.
I do that but it just works random like either the button or something has an issue any fix?? The 1st one I bought didn;t have so many issues

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm really considering getting this. I own almost all first party Wii U titles and I reckon it'd be worth it to unlock the amiibo only "dlc" stuff. Anyone else in about the same situation who bought this product and can comment on whether they feel it's worth it? Anyone who regrets it?

deloreancowboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely feel that this product is worth it. Be sure to check out the max console forums to see if your device is compatible firs tho. As for unlokable stuff some is worth more than others. To be able to bring my figure players with me when I fight at friends houses it's awesome not to have to bring the toys and just this little coin.

EllioneDHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely feel that this product is worth it. Be sure to check out the max console forums to see if your device is compatible firs tho. As for unlokable stuff some is worth more than others. To be able to bring my figure players with me when I fight at friends houses it's awesome not to have to bring the toys and just this little coin.
Same reason I bought one for myself. It beats my initial plan that I was doing, which was buying the amiibo I really wanted (FE chars) removing their chips and hoping to sell them back around the amount I spent. Saves both TONS of money and time, along with space. Not wasting money on MickeyD quality toys, time going around Ebay, CL, and every fucking store just to avoid spending $200 or more on scalpers, and finally not having to carry all the amiibo around you want to train and play with. Being female, space management is key and this is the best thing about it.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For myself, my reasoning is I've forked over hundreds of dollars (well euros) for wii u and like 15 or more first party titles, and I don't really care about the figurines, but I kinda do feel like the unlockables should be available without the need for buying the figurines... Since most games don't have a way to unlock that stuff without the amiibos, the amiiqo seems like the perfect "solution". I won't get into the ethics of it here obviously.

Last edited by justinkb,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really considering getting this. I own almost all first party Wii U titles and I reckon it'd be worth it to unlock the amiibo only "dlc" stuff. Anyone else in about the same situation who bought this product and can comment on whether they feel it's worth it? Anyone who regrets it?
Even though I own every single amiibo released so far (all bought at MSRP mind you, fuck eBay and its scalpers) my collection is boxed so this device allows me to have the functionality of amiibo while maintaining my boxed collection.

Also I wanted to report back to the topic and confirm this device works with the NFC read/write scanner that comes packed with Animal Crossing. I totally recommend it to anyone.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Do the Skylanders vehicles do anything or register as amiibo in any games? I see the bins in some collections so I had to ask.

No. Those bins are for the maxlander device. The nintendo skylanders have 2 rfis chips inside which you can select by turning the base. Make sure that you use the amiibo bin and not the skylanders bin of those two figurines. It looks like the dark edition figurines have the same character id.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just kind of curious...
Has the Chibi-Robo amiibo been dumped yet? The reason I ask is because I wanted to see if anyone had gone through the data and looked through the file structure at all.

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I just made some tests with LEGO Dimension. They use NTAG213 - Amiibos use NTAG215. They are basically the same (NTAG213 has less banks).

You CAN use the Amiiqo to clone LEGO Figurines!

The problem is that the LEGO chips have some read-locked blocks so you can't read them out like an amiibo.
All vehicles and non-character chips are using the same chip & data on it. (The batmobile one is a bit different though...)
You build the object ingame by using a character of the fun/level pack and write it to an empty chip -> even the batmobile chip you got in the starter pack.
Writing vehicles/objects to the Amiiqo DOES NOT WORK.
The written data sadly is in the read-locked area.

Cloning characters is working, but only because the game reads a character once and saves the RFID UID in your savegame.
If you then use the amiiqo with a dump of the chip, you use the same UID and thus are able to use the character with the amiiqo.
Bank switching does not work, so set the slots to 1 and use the first slot.

You can read the level/fun packs through the package.
You can't read the chips with the Amiiqo App, you have to use NFC TagInfo or MIFARE++ Ultralight.
I used MIFARE++ Ultralight and then converted the hex text to a bin.
Altough I wrote the complete data to the amiiqo, writing the UID should be enough.

As soon as the authentication algorithm is broken, a perfect clone should be possible with a minor firmware update.

:)

Reactions: elmoemo

socram8888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
orca.pet
XP
Country
Spain
I just made some tests with LEGO Dimension. They use NTAG213 - Amiibos use NTAG215. They are basically the same (NTAG213 has less banks).

You CAN use the Amiiqo to clone LEGO Figurines!

The problem is that the LEGO chips have some read-locked blocks so you can't read them out like an amiibo.
All vehicles and non-character chips are using the same chip & data on it. (The batmobile one is a bit different though...)
You build the object ingame by using a character of the fun/level pack and write it to an empty chip -> even the batmobile chip you got in the starter pack.
Writing vehicles/objects to the Amiiqo DOES NOT WORK.
The written data sadly is in the read-locked area.

Cloning characters is working, but only because the game reads a character once and saves the RFID UID in your savegame.
If you then use the amiiqo with a dump of the chip, you use the same UID and thus are able to use the character with the amiiqo.
Bank switching does not work, so set the slots to 1 and use the first slot.

You can read the level/fun packs through the package.
You can't read the chips with the Amiiqo App, you have to use NFC TagInfo or MIFARE++ Ultralight.
I used MIFARE++ Ultralight and then converted the hex text to a bin.
Altough I wrote the complete data to the amiiqo, writing the UID should be enough.

As soon as the authentication algorithm is broken, a perfect clone should be possible with a minor firmware update.

:)
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/NTAG213_215_216.pdf

There's nothing such as "read-locked" pages, except for PACK and PWD blocks which aren't used for data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1