Status
Not open for further replies.

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi :) , sorry for my bad English especially my grammar, I hope you guys can understand me :) I'm already updating my Gateway 3ds to 2.1 Omega. There's no problem when I tried some games such as Resident Evil Revelations (U), Bravely Default (Eur), Kingdom Hearts 3DS : Dream Drop Distance (U), and Devil Survivor Overclocked (U). But I can't run Rune Factory 4 (U) on my Gateway 3DS. My Nintendo 3DS system always go into black screen and ask me to turn off my 3ds System.

Do I Need update my firmware through GW3D 4.X.X-XX version for playing Rune Factory 4 (U) ? Is that because Rune Factory 4 (U) firmware is above 4.5 firmware ?

But when I see, from latest Gateway 3ds 2.1 Omega tutorial, there's no need to update the gateway firmware anymore to play Pokemon X & Y. What should I do ? Or is it possible if my Rune Factory 4 rom data is corrupted ?

And from Gateway 3DS Official Website said "SUPPORTS ALL 3DS ROMS TO DATE" & "100% GAME COMPATIBILITY", is that mean we can play every game (oldest to newest) without updating firmware through GW3D 4.X.X-XX version ?

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I've waited about a month... I'm guessing from the sounds of things this release is better than 2.01b with no bricking so an upgrade is a no-brainer?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi :) , sorry for my bad English especially my grammar, I hope you guys can understand me :) I'm already updating my Gateway 3ds to 2.1 Omega. There's no problem when I tried some games such as Resident Evil Revelations (U), Bravely Default (Eur), Kingdom Hearts 3DS : Dream Drop Distance (U), and Devil Survivor Overclocked (U). But I can't run Rune Factory 4 (U) on my Gateway 3DS. My Nintendo 3DS system always go into black screen and ask me to turn off my 3ds System.

Do I Need update my firmware through GW3D 4.X.X-XX version for playing Rune Factory 4 (U) ? Is that because Rune Factory 4 (U) firmware is above 4.5 firmware ?

But when I see, from latest Gateway 3ds 2.1 Omega tutorial, there's no need to update the gateway firmware anymore to play Pokemon X & Y. What should I do ? Or is it possible if my Rune Factory 4 rom data is corrupted ?

And from Gateway 3DS Official Website said "SUPPORTS ALL 3DS ROMS TO DATE" & "100% GAME COMPATIBILITY", is that mean we can play every game (oldest to newest) without updating firmware through GW3D 4.X.X-XX version ?
I don't believe updating the firmware is necessary. It's quite possible that you downloaded a bad copy of the game, or some kind of error happened while copying it from PC to microSD. I'd try deleting it and trying it again.

Reactions: yuukihiro

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe updating the firmware is necessary. It's quite possible that you downloaded a bad copy of the game, or some kind of error happened while copying it from PC to microSD. I'd try deleting it and trying it again.
thanks man, I'm relieved, look like my copy of the game is corrupted (I already tried to re-import from my PC to 2 different microSD too), I'll try to re-download it later. sorry, edited already

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man, I'm relieved, look like my copy of the game is corrupted (I already tried to re-import from my PC to 2 different microSD too), I'll try to re-download it later. Btw, do you have any recommended 3ds rom download site ?
I do, but it's against the rules for me to say, and also against the rules for you to ask. All I can say is that, if you go to http://3ds.essh.co/, copy its release name, then google it, chances are the first result is where I usually get mine.

Reactions: yuukihiro

yuukihiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, but it's against the rules for me to say, and also against the rules for you to ask. All I can say is that, if you go to http://3ds.essh.co/, copy its release name, then google it, chances are the first result is where I usually get mine.
ooppps, sorry I'm new here, and I don't really understand English well, thanks for warned me. Okay, I'll try it :) thanks once again

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3ds.essh.co lists a crc checksum value for each rom (except for the few newest ones, I expect they will be added soon). You just need a crc checker for whatever computer you're using so you can compare this value.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
3ds.essh.co lists a crc checksum value for each rom (except for the few newest ones, I expect they will be added soon). You just need a crc checker for whatever computer you're using so you can compare this value.

aha so if values are the same, that means its a clean rom, and i can relax?

Thanks by the way! :)

EDIT: um...i really dont know where to find that "crc checker" can you please link me?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
3DS games are not PAL or NTSC, those are television standards and the 3DS does not adhere to either.

If they're smaller it's usually because US games have 3 or less languages while EU have I think 5 maybe more in some cases.

less languages = less megabites = more space on SD = more roms on sd... US roms are best! :D

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
us roms sometimes have spanish and french languages too.
releases like chinese, korean, and japanese most usually have one language

i hawe never stumbled upon such thing as multiple languages on US rom's (maybe couple).
But EUR rom's on the other hand..every single EUR rom is multi-language rom.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i hawe never stumbled upon such thing as multiple languages on US rom's (maybe couple).
But EUR rom's on the other hand..every single EUR rom is multi-language rom.
not every, check out #869 on 3ds.essh.co
i'm sure there are more :)

typing 'usa' into the search box on the sites will show most, at least on the first page, are not single language :)

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
not every, check out #869 on 3ds.essh.co
i'm sure there are more :)

typing 'usa' into the search box on the sites will show most, at least on the first page, are not single language :)

OK, but i meant roms in general, like genesis, N64, PSP, DS.. et cetera...

edit: ah those germans :3 i dont like when the game is only german language...

hm..i downloaded all 3 programs but im lost...what now? how to i actually compare these values? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans