Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You did something wrong then.
In what sense? I went through the GateWay installer, replaced the launcher.dat, and tried this. Don't see anything wrong.

EDIT: Works now. I never knew you had to exit GateWay mode first to do so. I went in settings, backed out, then tried again, and it worked.

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have never mucked around with emuNAND until now.

What is the difference between gateway and classic mode? When I go back into settings from either of those, GW3D always shows up as system version.

I was under the impression that GateWay mode would remain as version 4.4, and classic would be GW3D.

I don't want to try and update before understanding when and how emuNAND is accessed, and how it can be distinguished from regular (since both gateway and classic boot into GW3D).

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never mucked around with emuNAND until now.

What is the difference between gateway and classic mode? When I go back into settings from either of those, GW3D always shows up as system version.

I was under the impression that GateWay mode would remain as version 4.4, and classic would be GW3D.

I don't want to try and update before understanding when and how emuNAND is accessed, and how it can be distinguished from regular (since both gateway and classic boot into GW3D).

Classic mode is still emunand but your able to use the games you actually own and play them online and such, gateway mode is to play your 3ds backups.

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So which one would be safe to update to latest nintendo firmware?

Update only your emuNand and not sysnand. So after booting 3ds omega, go to your settings and you should see that your firmware is something like GW4.5 instead of 4.5. Again, only update your firmware when you see "GW" in front of your firmware.
If you have booted gateway but you still dont see "GW" in front of your firmware, then you have to get an emunand first by choosing "format emunand" on the gateway menu.
GL

Reactions: LimeWan

DeadPixelMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which one would be safe to update to latest nintendo firmware?

It really doesn't matter, i updated my emunand in gateway mode (not classic mode) and everything went fine. Just be absolutely sure that your in one of them modes (not on original firmware). Also ALWAYS update through the system settings.

Reactions: LimeWan

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I can boot into either GateWay or Classic mode, and as long as I see GW3D, I can update.

As long as settings say GW3D, and I don't back out, it should be safe to update, correct?

JinbuKami

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I can boot into either GateWay or Classic mode, and as long as I see GW3D, I can update.

As long as settings say GW3D, and I don't back out, it should be safe to update, correct?

I personally never tried to update firmware through classic mode, so i can't tell if thats good or not, but youre definitely safe if you just boot gateway mode. And yes, but keep in mind to delete your wifi settings from the original sysnand when you have updated your GW3D. Some says that 3ds may update by itself or something.

edit: try to keep on topic :P all your questions are answered in other threads. gl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte