Homebrew Anime is so powerful it can hack Wii U's.

THATISRIGHT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Literally I cannot wait, but we all need patience.
giphy.gif

Last edited by THATISRIGHT,
Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
You don't seem to follow my post. I am not saying that you take the exact same Mp4 and get the app to load it. I am saying that the same flaws are present - ancient version of webkit with the same vulnerabilities. This isn't complicated work. This is typical day-to-day exploit development stuff. No matter how many words (let's ignore that these aren't complicated concepts, though they are to the typical Gbatemp member) you use to try to convince less technical members otherwise, what I say remains true.

Maybe you don't see it as 'making the slightest modifications' because you are unskilled, so said modifications are a significant challenge to you. That may be why my post doesn't make sense to you.

There are also numerous false/misleading/not relevant portions of your post, but I will spare everyone the complete unpacking of your post as you revealed your own complete lack of knowledge in your very next post.
Instead of just saying "it's wrong", you could tell me WHAT is wrong, so I can edit the post

Safari isn't a version of WebKit. Safari is a browser that uses WebKit, like all modern browsers do. Please stop talking about things you know nothing about.
Yes, that thing was actually stupid (y'see the "I think(?)"), but i weren't able to find other things

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I think @echMTW ment that it's the same bug, which is correct.

MK8 can be exploited too because it also has the same bug, but I think they chose to exploit Crunchyroll instead because it's free. (And doesn't take 4GB of space lol)

IIRC the only two currently exploitable titles which can use the JIT are the Browser and the DS emulator.
(Hence browserhax and Haxchi)

Last edited by AboodXD,

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been wondering, Is it the browser/webkit that's being exploited or the mvplayer.rpl? Maybe both?
This stuff has piqued my curiosity.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of anime and entrypoints, one like solving the Kissanime picture matching to prove you're not a robot. That'd be annoying.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My lie is enough, that's fake.
It's asking for a retweet and DM for exploit, it's gotta be fake.
I'm almost tempted to do it just to see what happens.
Edit: I'm doing it just to see what happens. I'll report back if I even get anything, and if I do I'm sure not going to run it until someone can examine it to ensure it's not just bricking malware.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many people silly enough to update to 5.5.2 and still hope they can hack their console to install /CBHC without so much as reading the warnings? :unsure: Does it make any difference on how this is done, as long as it's done? Who cares if they are into anime? :rolleyes:
fwiw one of my little brother's updated their wiiu to play splatoon (i only hacked it for zelda DLC so they had to run the web exploit every time they wanted to play zelda) so i guess i should've hacked it completely rather than install one thing and trust them not to fuck it up lol

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fwiw one of my little brother's updated their wiiu to play splatoon (i only hacked it for zelda DLC so they had to run the web exploit every time they wanted to play zelda) so i guess i should've hacked it completely rather than install one thing and trust them not to fuck it up lol
You should have blocked updates. Apparently a good way to do that is to delete a specific update folder in nand. Apparently that's where updates download and the system can't seem to create that folder itself.
Luckily for you several devs are working on new exploits (this crunchyroll one, and the Pegasus exploit used on switch is being ported to wii u by hedgeberg)

Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have blocked updates. Apparently a good way to do that is to delete a specific update folder in nand. Apparently that's where updates download and the system can't seem to create that folder itself.
Luckily for you several devs are working on new exploits (this crunchyroll one, and the Pegasus exploit used on switch is being ported to wii u by hedgeberg)
Yeah, they told me to only hack their system to the bare minimum required to run the hacked dlc. But yeah, I haven't been in the scene for months but I have two Wii U's, one of which has been running cbhc for the last half year so I'm good on that front :)
But yeah thanks for the tip about that file, didn't know there was a process like that.

Murkinum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had moca on my 5.5.1 Wii U....Wii U automatically updated to 5.5.2.......Now I no longer have to run hack to run games with moca. All games run without browserhax....Has anyone had this same outcome???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1