Hacking Animated Boot Screen for Nintendo 3DS

martinjamesccorpuz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys help me with this? I wanted to have an animated boot screen but if I move the a9lh.bin to the anim folder I'd be getting the my ds to not turn on. what and how should I do it?

D

Deleted User

rename the "arm9loaderhax.bin" to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" that should fix your problem

D

Deleted User

the arm9 that plays the animation should be at the root, and the arm9 that launches Luma should be in the "anim" folder renamed as "arm9payload.bin"

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and rename it to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" right?
Yes, bootanim9 payload should be renamed to arm9loaderhax_si.bin on the root and luma payload should be renamed arm9payload.bin in anim folder.
Root:
arm9loaderhax_si.bin----------bootanim9 payload
- anim/---------folder
- 0/----------folder inside anim
- anim
- bottom_anim
- config​

- 1/-------another folder if you have more
- anim
- config​
Arm9payload.bin----------lumas payload inside anim folder​

And no you don't need to update luma if you don't want a9lh not the same as luma, luma is just the cfw

Last edited by lonewolf08,
Reactions: Ridge

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just renamed the the one at the root and nothing will show on screen and it only flash a blue light
Is your file structure the same as above? If it is try redownloading the animations to make sure it isn't corrupt.
Edit: each animations will have its own folder my example stops at two but if you have say 4 then you need 4 folders inside anim named 0,1,2,3,4 you can't leave one folder empty meaning you can't jump numbers. Try without the config file. That's all I can think off at the moment.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i should just redownload the anim9 again
I don't think that's necessary but the steps for troubleshooting should be:
  1. Make sure folders and files are in right place and named correctly meaning no .bin.bin etc
  2. See if naming bootanim9 to arm9loaderhax works.
  3. If above don't work try arm9loaderhax_si
  4. Download the animations again maybe they got corrupt.
  5. Download payloads again maybe they got corrupt
  6. If none of the things work than you have super old a9lh that doesn't have screen init and need to update a9lh
I don't think you need to do the last one since your screen flashed and most likely has to do with your animation files/structure.

Edit: the config file usually comes with the animations some won't have it though.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh god i accidentally deleted everything on the root of the card what would happen? I mean literally everything except for the folders
How you manage to delete everything but the folders... Anyway just put the stuff back that you use. You're on your own on this one since I have no idea what you use and what you don't use and this blew my mind or you can just look at the blurry ass photo that you uploaded earlier and find those files again. Anyway I'm out goodbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s