Gaming Animal Crossing: Wild World, Moving Van (DS Mode)

KeeYN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.
Recently I have started playing the Animal Crossing games again, and wanted to start playing "Let's Go to the City" on my Wii. Though what I would like to do is move in from my DS game. I own an Australian Copy of Wild World and an Australian copy of Let's Go to the City, an original Wii and a Wii U, but only a 3DS, all from Australia.
I started LGttC on my Wii U and chose move from DS, and then inserted my game, started the console, went into download play on 2DS, et cetera.
When I start the Moving Van application in Download Play: It downloads, it loads, and then it proceeds to tell me that I have inserted the wrong cartridge. I am assuming that Download play on 3DS, at least in DS Mode, doesn't get connected to the cartridge slot. If this is the case I would like to know if there is any way I can get this working, or if I will need to somehow get my hands on an original DS/Lite.
Thank you, R M.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually a bug in the game, read more here.
Basically, the Australian Wild World was merely the American ROM, while the Australian Let's Go to the City/City Folk was the European release. As a result, the Wii game rejects the DS cartridge. I'd try contacting Nintendo to resolve it, as suggested in the link. :sad:

EDIT: Or you could pirate the American release of City Folk. ;)

KeeYN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually a bug in the game, read more here.
Basically, the Australian Wild World was merely the American ROM, while the Australian Let's Go to the City/City Folk was the European release. As a result, the Wii game rejects the DS cartridge. I'd try contacting Nintendo to resolve it, as suggested in the link. :sad:

EDIT: Or you could pirate the American release of City Folk. ;)

Thanks for the reply! It's a shame that Nintendo would do something so seemingly careless; I'll contact them about this.Thank you, again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse