ROM Hack Animal Crossing: Rude Edition! (need help with editing text)

HoboKen95

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have an idea for a hack of Animal Crossing New Leaf, a version where everyone is rude and says weird stuff. Has anyone edited text in this game?

julianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't tried it but could you just convert some in game text in hex so that you can find offsets for this and then edit it with what you want ?

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about this as well. In addition to AC:Rude Edition, I'd also like AC:Verbose Edition,
where the characters would have more backstory.

I've wondered from time to time if something like Animal Crossing could be combined with an Infocom-type
adventure game. You've already got a light source and a shovel. More puzzles, problems to solve, machines to mess with. No need to have a quest or linear game play. It's neat how some home items do things when you push A on them: musical instruments, rockets, video game doodads. More can be done with this. For example, how about a virtual coke machine that dispenses sodas for bells? You could whack it with a shovel to try to get free ones.

While I'm pipe dreaming, another cool thing would be a Animal Crossing:Hackers Edition. I've heard you can use
python scripts to automate minecraft. Wouldn't it be great if you could program a sidekick to pick and sell fruit
autonomously? And then there's the island and the bug racket. Sounds like South Florida in the 1970s...
The way to make major bells quickly in this game is bug trafficking. So just write yourself a, uh, bug mule to ferry bugs back so you have more time for letter writing. Looks like Hackers Edition is turning into Dope Wars Edition: Will you be a manager or a mule?

Anyway, there's a windows save editor for Wild World but it looks like it was abandoned long ago. I think all you could move trees, delete neighbors, and make bigger rugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.