ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was done on ANCL, not Welcome amibo. Thank you so much for helping btw! ^_^ I really wanted to help her, but I couldn't seem to figure out this one
Normally when I fix a save there's a glaring flaw that causes the issue. This one seems to lack a glaring flaw
Im not really seeing anything out of place except for the island where the trees and hibiscus have been removed. Dont think this is the reason. Gonna try to inject this save but I cannot see anything else that is messing with this file

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Im not really seeing anything out of place except for the island where the trees and hibiscus have been removed. Dont think this is the reason. Gonna try to inject this save but I cannot see anything else that is messing with this file
That's the only thing I noticed "wrong" so I started cleaning the place up to see if there was just too much going on.

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had they done anything to modify their villagers items? i find that seems to bork my save when I do that.

Actually I had a similar issue with my town in the Korean version of the game. I cleared out an animal's house and put the "inflatable Resetti" item in it, which normally they can't have, and then ever since when I load my town the save file is corrupted. I went and re-edited the save file and changed that animal to a different one so the furniture would reset to default but it is still corrupted. Any ideas?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried cleaning up the island but it still crashes. I unfortunately am at a loss for why this save file is crashing
What's interesting is that I was able to upload the map information to a clean save and the town loaded just fine. So there has to be something wrong with the garden.dat file itself.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's interesting is that I was able to upload the map information to a clean save and the town loaded just fine. So there has to be something wrong with the garden.dat file itself.
mmhmm. the only thing I can really think of is exporting the patterns and building a new garden.dat following the items they have set up and importing them.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
mmhmm. the only thing I can really think of is exporting the patterns and building a new garden.dat following the items they have set up and importing them.
That's what I am most likely going to do. Thanks for trying to help though! ^_^

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you are quite welcome. Sorry I wasnt able to help fix this without having to rebuild the town.
I have an idea that might work, but I won't say anything just yet until I do more testing. At least I know I can get the town's information off the garden file

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's hoping you get it sorted out. Afaik, the ntr plugin for acnl only works on the 1.5 updated game, but in the next release there's supposed to be a function where you can copy a dream town and change yours to that layout. So if you have a way to access your friend's dream town, that's another possibility. That's only if it will work on a non updated game.

SKEEBSY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to contact Marc other than this, so I'm hoping this is the right way to go about doing such a thing.
I'm wondering if there will ever be an update to the save editor that will enable one to add/remove rooms in their player's house and change the house exterior's size.
I'd really like to remove some useless rooms I have and shrink the player's house accordingly. I normally would do this via hex editing, but it seems that hex values have been changed with the Welcome Amiibo update and I can't find a list of the new ones.
If this is already an existing feature and I'm just missing something, don't hesitate to tell me I'm a dumbass.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't seem to find any real topic dealing with this, but I am trying to fix a file for a friend of mine and I've been working on it all morning. Thus far I can't seem to figure out what went wrong and why it's crashing. I've checked all the obvious stuff like dupe/bad items and if the river was flowing the wrong way, but that didn't seem to be the issue either. So I am hoping someone might be able to help out.

I'm looking at the acres... Could the fact that your friend has a waterfall in the upper right corner be the cause of his crashing save? I'll check for myself in a second

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have no idea how to contact Marc other than this, so I'm hoping this is the right way to go about doing such a thing.
I'm wondering if there will ever be an update to the save editor that will enable one to add/remove rooms in their player's house and change the house exterior's size.
I'd really like to remove some useless rooms I have and shrink the player's house accordingly. I normally would do this via hex editing, but it seems that hex values have been changed with the Welcome Amiibo update and I can't find a list of the new ones.
If this is already an existing feature and I'm just missing something, don't hesitate to tell me I'm a dumbass.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm looking at the acres... Could the fact that your friend has a waterfall in the upper right corner be the cause of his crashing save? I'll check for myself in a second
Thanks! I didn't even see that

RosiePosie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed missing catalog items?

I noticed about a week ago when I wanted to purchase a record for a room in my main home with my Mayor that it wasn't available, as in it wasn't in my catalog. Now I know that is impossible because I worked my butt off back in the dark ages (before I learned of this site) to get every item on the morbi list and did so. So I started looking further and noticed a lot of my stationary and some clothing items are gone as well.

It would be impossible at this point to try and figure out what's missing and where. Not to mention that what if the missing items change per edit?

Has anyone else noticed this problem, an most importantly, can I get my catalog back to 100% withought having to put every item in my storage (via the save editor) and out again etc. and hope the items stay in my catalog this time around.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
@marc_max If you want to add editing of bell values, I broke the "encryption" they use today: https://gist.github.com/SciresM/0ecc3c2b8c93922d3b21f7c4e552626c

Warning, it's pretty gross.
And I have turned it into an even more gross version while porting to JS lol. Bit operations in JS are very ugly.
Anyway, it's already working :-D Thanks a lot! Hoping to release a new version of the editor ASAP.

Has anyone else noticed missing catalog items?

I noticed about a week ago when I wanted to purchase a record for a room in my main home with my Mayor that it wasn't available, as in it wasn't in my catalog. Now I know that is impossible because I worked my butt off back in the dark ages (before I learned of this site) to get every item on the morbi list and did so. So I started looking further and noticed a lot of my stationary and some clothing items are gone as well.

It would be impossible at this point to try and figure out what's missing and where. Not to mention that what if the missing items change per edit?

Has anyone else noticed this problem, an most importantly, can I get my catalog back to 100% withought having to put every item in my storage (via the save editor) and out again etc. and hope the items stay in my catalog this time around.

Thanks for any feedback!!!
IIRC, the Welcome Amiibo did some changes in the catalog, some unorderable items do not show up anymore in the list :-(
Which items they are?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max When you say "there must be two slopes" in the FAQ, do you mean the thing to go down to the beach?
Also is the animal sayings missing in other languages? I loaded a Korean save and when I switch villagers, their catchphrase changes to English. I haven't tried Japanese one yet. Is there a way to add them if they're missing?

RosiePosie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marc, sorry for the late reply. It's not misnamed items, it's just items that are gone from my inventory or the list I can choose from when ordering items. As for which ones, SO many to list. About 1/5 to 1/4 of all of my music. Almost a 10th of my Stationary/Clothes. As for house items, I can't honestly guess. I had SO many items, and now when I click to order something it is noticably smaller. I haven't gone through it set by set or anything, but I can tell.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hey Marc, sorry for the late reply. It's not misnamed items, it's just items that are gone from my inventory or the list I can choose from when ordering items. As for which ones, SO many to list. About 1/5 to 1/4 of all of my music. Almost a 10th of my Stationary/Clothes. As for house items, I can't honestly guess. I had SO many items, and now when I click to order something it is noticably smaller. I haven't gone through it set by set or anything, but I can tell.
That's weird, the editor does not interfere with the catalog.
Maybe you restored an old savegame?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.