Gaming Animal Crossing: City Folk

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Update: Now that I've been playing this game for a few days, here's an update with a few discoveries on what has changed since Wild World:

* Kapp'n
hums different tunes while you're riding the bus, and one of these is the melody that was used in the GameCube-version when he was singing while taking the player to the island
* The bird that can be seen on top of the Message Board only sits there tweeting whenever a new message has been posted
* The HRA office inside the city has Lyle as their chairman and will hold a theme-based contest every month, like who has the cutest room. The winner gets their room design displayed in a back room at the HRA office
* Phineas is the name of the walrus-looking animal in the town who is giving away free balloons and toys such as the bubble-maker for blowing bubbles
* The shoe-shiner, Kicks, can make your shoes match either your style or colour. This costs 500 bells
* Gathering points at Tom Nooks, like you did in Wild World, now has a new benefit besides giving you a discount after a while. Gather enough and you'll get a present for your patronage. There are 14 levels beginning at as low as 500 points gathered and ending at a whopping 10,000 points!
* The controls for the Wiimote's D-pad are:

Left and right - switch between usable objects, beginning with what you last used
Down - put away the item that you're currently holding (if there's enough space in your pockets to do so)
Up - look up at the sky (adjusts the camera so that you may look at constellations and whatnot of interest up there)

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yay, I've jsut added a lighthouse and a fountain to my town!
Niice!
Oh yeah and last night, i visited the Resetti Surveillance Center and he gave me a silver shovel!
Life's good in Wiiville...

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
darkbillie said:
how many dutch ppl are having this game anyway.....kinda annoying to play online with ''non'' dutch ppl xD

Considerring it is not out in Europe for over a week I would say not many? but that should have been obvious right? You cant expect everyone to have a mod.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConraDargo said:
Update: Now that I've been playing this game for a few days, here's an update with a few discoveries on what has changed since Wild World:

* Kapp'n
hums different tunes while you're riding the bus, and one of these is the melody that was used in the GameCube-version when he was singing while taking the player to the island
* The bird that can be seen on top of the Message Board only sits there tweeting whenever a new message has been posted
* The HRA office inside the city has Lyle as their chairman and will hold a theme-based contest every month, like who has the cutest room. The winner gets their room design displayed in a back room at the HRA office
* Phineas is the name of the walrus-looking animal in the town who is giving away free balloons and toys such as the bubble-maker for blowing bubbles
* The shoe-shiner, Kicks, can make your shoes match either your style or colour. This costs 500 bells
* Gathering points at Tom Nooks, like you did in Wild World, now has a new benefit besides giving you a discount after a while. Gather enough and you'll get a present for your patronage. There are 14 levels beginning at as low as 500 points gathered and ending at a whopping 10,000 points!
* The controls for the Wiimote's D-pad are:

Left and right - switch between usable objects, beginning with what you last used
Down - put away the item that you're currently holding (if there's enough space in your pockets to do so)
Up - look up at the sky (adjusts the camera so that you may look at constellations and whatnot of interest up there)

Wow, I didn't know that bird twitters when there's a new message. Thanks for that info ^^

bailamos010

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reser said:
darkbillie said:
how many dutch ppl are having this game anyway.....kinda annoying to play online with ''non'' dutch ppl xD

Considerring it is not out in Europe for over a week I would say not many? but that should have been obvious right? You cant expect everyone to have a mod.

I've got it going since yesterday ( inserted ios 30 with WUM, runs smooth ) Still exploring the game as we peak.
First impression is good i've played it before on the nds -- So let's hope that the players without a mod in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe of course will enjoy it as much as i / we do.. and that they join us online.
grog.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any ideas if you can prevent turnips going bad by putting them on a table in your house like we could in Wild world? I'm planning to buy some tomorrow.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
wabo said:
Any ideas if you can prevent turnips going bad by putting them on a table in your house like we could in Wild world? I'm planning to buy some tomorrow.
I.e you're asking us to help you cheat?

gtfo-56265.jpg

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was that really cheating? Just using all income possibilities to the fullest i say. Anyway, I'll know next week then.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have Starfall installed so that the updates don't come on the game disc. Will I be fine for AC:CF, or is there a certain IOS I need to install?

Defiance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got any good name suggestions? I'm trying to think of something good and original, but nothing comes to mind..

EDIT: 888th post!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. Can you avoid the TT consequences with this method?

Backup your AC save through Gecko OS's rebooter with copy protected save flag removed, go into game and TT your town backwards to a certain day and collect something, then use DS Suitcase to transfer your character, restore save file and then come back to your town with the stuff you have?

I'd try this myself but I'm about to go into a 3 hour meeting soon so I can't try it at the moment.

EDIT: Well, I just did this but I had to change the plan a little bit to duplicate my inventory, seeing as how you can't return to your own town when you're already there >_> .

lordlandshark

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a PAL Wii 3.4 (I updated because I'm very new to homebrew
tongue.gif
) and I have 2 US AC:CF discs, one is RegionFrii'd, one isn't and I have been following http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Updating_IOS_by_hand
Because if I run the game through Gecko OS the ingame clock does not advance. I just reached step 4 and have moved the IOS38-64-v###.wad into the folder, but I'm hesitant about doing the next step.
If you install a NTSC update on a PAL Wii it bricks right? Well If I install this IOS38-64-v###.wad with the WAD manager, will it brick?

EDIT: I threw caution to the wind and updated and no brick. But the non-brick blocked games STILL does system update!
If I use a brickblocked copy, will it work, or has the update not worked?

miffy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in the releases forum & then realised it would be better here, hope someone can help me out.

I have a PAL Wii fitted with a Winja running 3.2e (just downgraded from 3.4 using this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1583601 - The 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial, All in one).

I have an NTSC iso of AC which I have run through regionfrii & brick blocker.

I can start the game using gamma o.3 launcher but after a few second it say 'the disc cannot be read'.

I have installed all the IOS's in the tutorial, even down to the 'You can also optionally install IOS38, as in some cases it is needed to run Animal Crossing' - but it still won't work.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Defiance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know when you register someone and meet them, a little heart comes next to their name. But what does the outlined heart mean?

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
lordlandshark said:
Why won't it work? *waaah waaah*
miffy93 said:
Bla bla bla!!111 *cries*

Any clues?
Here's a clue for both of you: read what the main/first post in this thread says, just below the "Latest update" part.

QUOTE(Nin10doFan @ Nov 29 2008, 07:29 PM)
Hey guys, I know when you register someone and meet them, a little heart comes next to their name. But what does the outlined heart mean?
If the heart is "hollow" then both of your Wii consoles has managed to connect - confirming that the Friend Code is indeed valid.

If the heart is filled then you've also met each other online.

Update: Another update based on my own experience with the game:

Totakeke’s requests are now based on a, by the player, chosen mood instead of typing in the name of a song that you’d like to hear.
Villagers have some new random stuff going on; like they want to play hide-and-seek and can accidentally lock themselves out and then need you to find the key - which they lost in the river.
So called Charms can be told by either Katrina or another villager. If you fulfill the requisite of a Charm then you’ll be luckier with finding items etc for a month. These can be everything from catching a particular insect in someone else’s town to finding a four-clover.
Fossils and valuable fishes are much harder to come by now, evening out the game’s economic some.
Holes no longer disappear simply by entering and then exiting a building, but stay where they are until either filled or when you quit the game. You can use your foot to fill a whole by pressing B when standing next to one.
Snow Day is no longer on the first of December and might even occur at a random date - adding some dynamic to it. Snowflakes may still fall in November.

jojones88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would somebody mind trading some fruit with me? I would like to get hold of some foreign fruit.

My town has pears. Give me a pm if you want to trade. Anything will do (peach, cherry, apple, orange).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol