Android Android X86

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here using Android X86? What results have you had with it? I'm thinking about dual booting Android X86 and Windows 10 (Steam) on my gaming PC and just eliminate another box (my Fire TV). Are there games I should be worried about in regards to not working. Is the XBox 360 controller supported in the latest Android X86 builds?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i use bluestacks... it's an android emulator, runs on windows
however the new version (2.something) doesn't look as stable as the old one.. (crashing at boot, i need to restart it)
it runs really well in the games anyway.. been playing clash of clans with it for a year

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone here using Android X86? What results have you had with it? I'm thinking about dual booting Android X86 and Windows 10 (Steam) on my gaming PC and just eliminate another box (my Fire TV). Are there games I should be worried about in regards to not working. Is the XBox 360 controller supported in the latest Android X86 builds?
I'm not sure why you would want Android on a desktop PC, you can do everything better on Windows anyway. Just put Kodi on it and use that for your media.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes but Bluestacks is horrible. It forces you to download apps to continue using it. Andy is an alternative but it requires you to install Virtualbox and it runs Android 4.2 (iirc) Visualizing Android just doesn't feel buttery smooth imo and I've done it from multiple perspectives (really slow computer to a really fast computer) But dual booting it makes it so it runs natively on your hardware and OP did ask for a way to dual boot. Virtualizing Android and dual booting both offer the same results, it's just Remix OS would be a better experience imo.
I agree, it's not exactly smooth and I don't really see what people like so much about it, but people seem to like it, so eh. It probably does the job fine for most mobile games since they tend to be 2D and not very fast paced.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but Bluestacks is horrible. It forces you to download apps to continue using it. Andy is an alternative but it requires you to install Virtualbox and it runs Android 4.2 (iirc) Visualizing Android just doesn't feel buttery smooth imo and I've done it from multiple perspectives (really slow computer to a really fast computer) But dual booting it makes it so it runs natively on your hardware and OP did ask for a way to dual boot. Virtualizing Android and dual booting both offer the same results, it's just Remix OS would be a better experience imo.
Calling a program "horrible" just because it has you choose between installing additional apps (that you could probably easily get around or just delete 5 seconds later) or paying a $2/m subscription is rather silly.

OP, don't forget about Genymotion. Just like with Bluestacks, you can use it without installing a new OS onto your PC.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Remix is a "desktop" experience and this PC i plan to dual boot on is my gaming rig. I plan to make a live stick of Android X86 and then have either the OUYA or Android TV launcher running on top.

Last edited by LightyKD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end