• Total voters

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Android phone running CM14.1 with a moga controller. All the emulators work better then 3ds and the phone was cheaper then a brand new 3DS. Anyone can make an Android game (or app), no hacks needed. I don't have high hopes for the switch. Can console hacking survive?

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got an Android phone running CM14.1 with a moga controller. All the emulators work better then 3ds and the phone was cheaper then a brand new 3DS. Anyone can make an Android game (or app), no hacks needed. I don't have high hopes for the switch. Can console hacking survive?
See my poll answer

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, as long as consoles have exclusives.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you run free 3ds games?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my poll answer
OP can't see who voted.

@GBAFail Console hacking is more then just emulators. Things like running Linux on a device that never was suppose to is fun and a lot like to make "legal backups" of their games. Save mangers are a major pro of hacking when your console doesn't backup your saves. Hacked consoles normally have all emulators free and no ads while on Android all of them are either payed or ad filled.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you run free 3ds games?
I can run PS1 and n64 games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OP can't see who voted.

@GBAFail Console hacking is more then just emulators. Things like running Linux on a device that never was suppose to is fun and a lot like to make "legal backups" of their games. Save mangers are a major pro of hacking when your console doesn't backup your saves. Hacked consoles normally have all emulators free and no ads while on Android all of them are either payed or ad filled.
RetroArch is on Android.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP can't see who voted.

Let me be clearer, by hacks I mean homebrew. Like games, emulators, etc. Not just pirating games.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for ignoring all other points I brought up Failed
Bro, I'm replying to multiple people right now. If my reply is a bit fragmented you'll have to forgive me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Running linux, save editors, cheats, and romhacks is not considered homebrew?
Technically no for the first and last one. One is loading a new OS via homebrew. Another is modifying an official game via homebrew. They both require homebrew but aren't homebrew themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it