Android Everything - From N00b to Nerd

android_under_construction_thumb.jpg
HEY YOU. YEAH YOU. THIS PLACE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. CAN'T YOU READ THE SIGN? SO KEEP OUT. NO PEEKING. ABSOLUTELY NONE.
The content of this thread will be delivered to you shortly. This is a temporarily placeholder. Bits by bits will be post here. BUT NO PEEKING AT ALL UNTIL THIS MESSAGE DISAPPEAR.
ETA 'TIL COMPLETION: <= 2 More Weeks (Hopefully)
DO NOT CONTINUE, UNLESS YOU ARE A CERTIFIED ANDROID
INDEX - (Contents are Tentative)

i. Preface

1. What is an Android?
2. Choosing Your First Android. No Terminator Needed.
A. From Dumb to Smart (Choosing your first smartphone)​

B. From iPhone to Droidmaniac (Transition from iPhone to Android)​

3. Good Morning, Android! (Testing your first Android)
A. Excerpt From External Guide (May personally write later on)​

1. Best Apps​

2. Best Games​

3. Best Web Browser​

4. Getting to Know The Stock Apps​

5. Jellybean? Key Lime Pie? Cupcake?​

4. What is Root? What is a ROM?
A. Advantages and Disadvantages, except I can't see any disadvantages​

5. Rooting 101
A. Why Do I Want to Plant Myself When I Already "Jailbreaked"?​

B. Breaking from Jail Vs. Planting a Tree (Jailbreak vs Root)​

C. Some Phone are Just Smarter than Other​

D. Back To Algebra, but without The Math​

1. The Inverse of Fragmentation​

2. The Droidatic Equation ... Android - Root = iPhone + Jailbreak < Android + Root​

E. Showdown: Android vs iPhone​

6. ROMS? Does that mean I have to use my DS?
A. AOKP? CM? PA? AOSP? Too much too choose from! (Defining Popular Roms)​

B. Pacman Chumps to the Rescue! (All-in-One ROM)​

7. Nerd Time
A. Precaution to Bricking​

B. Cut Red or Blue wire? (Choosing your recovery, and how to flash a ROM)​

C. How To Unbrick​

D. Done. Now What?​

E. Turn that Notch To 200x (How to improve volume/sound with equalizer mods and Volume Booster)​

F. Apps by Rooter, for Rooters (Popular Roots Apps)​

G. Teach your Old Dogs Some New Tricks (Various other root techniques)​

H Customize to your Desire​

I. Embark Your Own Journey. Where to?​

PREFACE - The Introduction to your Embellishing Future
[Preface is planned to have 7-15 paragraphs. These paragraphs are currently under construction. Some of these material may or may not be in the final tutorial. I am currently fiddling with layout. Not all of my work are found here. I am pasting it from my draft from MS Word to test the format.]
There was a time when you could get the classic IBM Portable PC (1975) for $19,975 USD, which scores you a 64KB RAM. Yes, you read that right. ONLY 64 Kilobytes of Read Access Memory. Go ahead, grab your smartphone. If you don't have one, just check your local, favorite carrier store. Even the cheapest budget smartphone probably have at least 256MB of memory, let alone that whooping 2GB memory in that Galaxy Note II.​
______NOTICE notice NOTICE notice NOTICE notice
If you have no idea what RAM means, don't worry. This tutorial does not require you to understand what RAM means, unless you are planning to tackle the advance section of the tutorial (which will be written at a later time). In a nutshell, if you are interested, RAM (Read Access Memory) in the very simplest definition, can be thought as where temporarily data is stored. The more RAM you have, the more likely the device is able to multi-task. If you are interested in learning more, hit the link for more info:​

We have dual cores, affable chunk of RAM, and flexible operating system. Does not that sound familiar? You might realize: "Yeah, you're right! Doesn't this sound like my computer in my bedroom?" If you have a gaming rig, or you don't have a PC at all, please just pretend do understand for the sake of this tutorial. (And if you don't have a bedroom... well... :wtf:) With these relatively small minicomputers, shouldn't we get more ....​
[A lot more info here]
What is an Android? - Immersing you into a World Full of Robots

[What is android is planned to have ~5 paragraphs. These paragraphs are currently under construction. Some of these material may or may not be in the final tutorial. I am currently fiddling with layout. Not all of my work are found here. I am pasting it from my draft from MS Word to test the format.]

an·droid

/ˈanˌdroid/

Noun
(in science fiction) A robot with a human appearance.

Choosing your First Android. No Terminator Needed.

[placeholder text here.] placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here.

[gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish.] gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish.​
[placeholder text here.] placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here. placeholder text here.

[gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish.] gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish. gibberish does not reflect final format --- it's just gibberish.​
______TIP tip TIP tip TIP tip TIP tip TIP
Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here.​

Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here. Tip goes here.​

Rooting 101 - Become a Certified Terminator Android
[Preface is planned to have ~30 paragraphs, the longest section. These paragraphs are currently under construction. Some of these material may or may not be in the final tutorial. I am currently fiddling with layout. Not all of my work are found here. I am pasting it from my draft from MS Word to test the format.]
Nerd Time -
Dr. Droidmani

f0o2.jpg
Android_Dr.png

Reactions: mechadylan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse