Hacking Analysis on the Gateway 3DS blue cart (updateable??)

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the Wood Gold FW ... it is developed in close colaboration with the developer behind the Wood FW, but the 1.64 update is specific for the R4i DS cart.

Reactions: CIH137

deoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
RELEASE: Wood FW v1.62 for Gateway 3DS Blue Cart
BXZ_ did it, he managed to patch the Wood FW v1.62 so we can run it on our GW3DS blue carts!
Just replace the "_DSMENU.DAT" in the root of your microSD card and enjoy the greater compatability !!

Expect more news from him soon !

Regards,
iCEQB
but how to encrypt a file to make GW recognize it?

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, noob here. Interesting thread. So to clarify, there's no way to get this card to boot on 7.1 (real, not emuNAND) then? Thanks. :)

Maybe in the future, I looked a bit into it but I currently don't know if it can be done via software.
The focus was to get a newer Wood FW running first on the blue cart ... because you usually can only buy it together with the red cart, which means you need to have a <=4.5.0 FW 3DS anyway.

Reactions: CydoniaDS

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, currently it's not possible.

Can anyone point me to the direction where I can use this card on emunand ?

I am currently using the red cart for 3ds games but no idea on how to use the bluecard :(So a full guide would do the job for me :)

Having learned on this post that I can not use the same card on a retail device running the official 7.1 software is kinda sad though.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anyone point me to the direction where I can use this card on emunand ?

I am currently using the red cart for 3ds games but no idea on how to use the bluecard :(So a full guide would do the job for me :)

Having learned on this post that I can not use the same card on a retail device running the official 7.1 software is kinda sad though.
You have to use the blue card on your 4.1.X-4.5.X RealNAND.

Highlites

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been searching and asking this is pretty much noob of me. But I never used Wood firmware. I was a cyclods user. Now my question is how do I load the cheats?

Highlites

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded it. But my question is not answer yet. How do I use/load it? Is there a menu where I have to go?

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no official Wood FW beyond 1.62

1.64 is for fake R4 clone cards with minor differences ... they are all based on 1.62.

Regards,
iCEQB

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
BXZ_ did it, he managed to patch the Wood FW v1.62 so we can run it on our GW3DS blue carts!

What about skins? When I tried copying regular Wood skins before, they didn't work. Only the Gateway one, which I hate. I like the black one from Wood. Does it work now?

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it :)
I haven't tested it myself because I don't care about GUI styles, but it should work since there is nothing from GW in there anymore.

Regards,
iCEQB

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country

Just did. It wasn't straightforward, though. I replaced Gateway's _rpg folder with the one from newest Wood, but that gave me the wood panel skin, and I wasn't able to see any text. I copied over the _rpg folder from my R4 cartridge, which had the black skin already configured, and it worked. So, if anyone else is stuck on the wooden panel skin with the text not showing, configure everything on another Wood compatible cartridge and copy the files over to the GW Blue cartridge.

Reactions: emuashui and kiwiis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/