Hacking Analysis on the Gateway 3DS blue cart (updateable??)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For me it shows 1.62 as well on the help menu. I don't know the actual functions of this firmware so I can't confirm anything else.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
By the way, isn't the 1.64 Wood firmware the successor of the one used by Gateway? Why he decided to work on making an older firmware compatible?

DisasterTheory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RELEASE: Wood FW v1.62 for Gateway 3DS Blue Cart
BXZ_ did it, he managed to patch the Wood FW v1.62 so we can run it on our GW3DS blue carts!
Just replace the "_DSMENU.DAT" in the root of your microSD card and enjoy the greater compatability !!

Expect more news from him soon !

Regards,
iCEQB

Holy crap, this is awesome! I was about to go and get a different card so I could play the ds games that weren't working. Thanks!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, wait... my R4i 3DS Gold flash cart is the bad "Rev C" That can't update past the Metroid icon, or boot any wood firmware past 1.57... will this allow me to boot this modified 1.62? o.o

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wait, wait... my R4i 3DS Gold flash cart is the bad "Rev C" That can't update past the Metroid icon, or boot any wood firmware past 1.57... will this allow me to boot this modified 1.62? o.o

Technically. Setting it up is a bit difficult though.

Reactions: Margen67

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Technically. Setting it up is a bit difficult though.

How is it difficult? I have downloaded the file, but don't I just replace my current _DSMENU.DAT with this one? What further steps must I take? I'm DYING to play some newer DS roms. I'm a very technical person, so don't feel shy. ;)

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How is it difficult? I have downloaded the file, but don't I just replace my current _DSMENU.DAT with this one? What further steps must I take? I'm DYING to play some newer DS roms. I'm a very technical person, so don't feel shy. ;)

Well try it. Get wood 1.62 and use this file. I'm just saying it might not work.

netnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Can't the bad Rev Cs boot the newer versions of Wood? I haven't really followed the DS card scene, but mine which wouldn't go past the Metroid update (thanks for keeping me on 4.4 for the Gateway, r4ids team) can run Wood 1.64, which is the latest version, fine (and I can install the DS profile exploit for the gateway with it, which is why I even bothered updating it)

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, the GW card shows "wood akmenu 1.62" now. But I think that it's only a launcher update since there is no ingame menu avaible (for Real Time cheats). But it may be that this feature wasn't implemented for all Wood R4 cards.

FR0ZN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those features are hardware dependent afaik, and since the blue carts look 99% the same as the Ace3DS+ carts, it will probably never supports such real time features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.