Hacking an error has occurred

fersy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought a r4 shdc card for my daughters dsixl however having spent days trying to get it to work i am still getting the message an error has occurred press and hold the power button..............

her ds was on software version 1.41 and i was using the wood 1.62 kernel. it says on the webpage that it was for up to ds version 1.45 so i updated the ds to 1.45 to see if that would fix it but still no joy. i have tried formatting the micro sd and tried another micro sd but still the same. the ds recognises the card as a game called deep labyrinth but when i try to launch it i get the message
this is the card i have
201348194521.jpg

it gives the same message in my 3ds on version 2.1.0-4e.anyway i thought the cart was just screwed but i borrowed a ds lite and it loads up fine in that and plays games. thats actually how i found this place as the ui says gbatemp exclusive and has like a picture of a calander.anybody any idea whats going on with this thing?

fersy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i only bought it off a guy on wed. im thinking of updating it to 4.5 to get the gateway card.
doesnt help me with this matter tho lol

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure the compatibility advertisement actually belongs to your cart? There are a billion shitty versions of R4 all called the same, with the same logo, but within these versions there are several sub-versions that will not work on some systems/system firmware.

Does the cart look exactly like the one in your picture? It's also possible that they slapped in a different sticker to sell outdated carts, which in this case makes sense they would work on the NDS lite but not on DSi or 3DS because both of those systems are more advanced in terms of anti piracy.

Did you buy the cart from a trusted place?

fersy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers kazowar m8 i already tried that kernel too and theres no firmware upgrade there just the kernel. and steena that pic is from the website address printed on the cards label which is ***.r4isdhc.com.cn

theres a few different sites showing the same card but with different kernels they all are r4isdhc but end in things like .com, .hk or .com.cn as in mine. i dunno i can only imagine its fake. however if you go on the website printed on mine theres a checker to verify if its genuine, a hologram sticker and a code to enter and it says on the site its genuine. i suppose it doesnt mean the sites genuine lol

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You must be VERY careful since, as Steena said, there's multiple versions with similar websites. www.r4isdhc.com, www.r4i-sdhc.com, www.r4isdhc.hk... they are all sites for DIFFERENT R4 clones. Not to mention that some flashcarts have 2012/2013/2014/etc versions, and if you try to install a 2014 firmware on a 2013 card you can screw it as well.

That being said, the very first thing we need is to see the box on which your flashcart came.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands