Hacking Amazon ships 3.01 Switch.

oranginasprite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up, I ordered a Switch from Amazon Canada on Friday 22nd and received it within 24 hours.

It came with firmware 3.0.1 installed.

And just to top it up, as I was browsing through the menus, it froze, threw up an error message and crashed. I plugged it to charged 30 minutes ago and it still won't turn on.

:toot:

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just a heads up, I ordered a Switch from Amazon Canada on Friday 22nd and received it within 24 hours.

It came with firmware 3.0.1 installed.

And just to top it up, as I was browsing through the menus, it froze, threw up an error message and crashed. I plugged it to charged 30 minutes ago and it still won't turn on.

:toot:
Please report it in the firmware thread if you can:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/

Was this a used console? 3rd party seller?

oranginasprite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will report it a bit later. Not very impressed right now. It feels slightly warm to the touch (charging ? ) but I have tried holding the power button for 15 seconds then one more quick tap , with the USB C cable hooked and unhooked, and I'm not getting anything on the screen. It worked for 5 minutes then crashed.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will report it a bit later. Not very impressed right now. It feels slightly warm to the touch (charging ? ) but I have tried holding the power button for 15 seconds then one more quick tap , with the USB C cable hooked and unhooked, and I'm not getting anything on the screen. It worked for 5 minutes then crashed.
Of course, you're not going to be impressed by it. After your report, please either replace it, or refund it. If you're in US and it's from Nintendo, they will fix it for you for free, guaranteed.

EDIT: Oh fuck, you're in Europe. Heard mixed reviews in regards to how Nintendo of EU handles broken Switches. I would go through the official channels, and voice your concerns about the Nintendo Switch politely and patiently. Everyone is a human, and thus we must not vent anger upon them, things happens.

Last edited by delete12345,

oranginasprite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I realized I was not very clear. This was purchased straight from amazon canada. For some reason, they sell Switch ONLY to current Amazon Prime suscriber. As per amazon.ca page: Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca exclusively for Prime members.
And I checked, I did not make a mistake and order from a third party. it also looked brand new, sealed in box.

And I am in Canada (my flag is unrelated to my current physical location). You might notice that my profile is over 10 years old, but I have literally posted half of all my messages in this very thread ;)

Reactions: zezzo and senas8

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized I was not very clear. This was purchased straight from amazon canada. For some reason, they sell Switch ONLY to current Amazon Prime suscriber. As per amazon.ca page: Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca exclusively for Prime members.
And I checked, I did not make a mistake and order from a third party. it also looked brand new, sealed in box.

And I am in Canada. You might notice that my profile is over 10 years old, but I have literally posted half of all my messages in this very thread ;)
Good yes good.

Send in the repairs to Nintendo of NA, and get a free repair through official channels. Since it is 3.0.1, just don't worry about smhax, and just make sure you get free repairs! It will most definitely be updated to 3.0.2, no matter how you try avoiding it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

And I am in Canada (my flag is unrelated to my current physical location). You might notice that my profile is over 10 years old, but I have literally posted half of all my messages in this very thread ;)
Interesting. Still I wonder if somehow it was a refurbished unit or something similar. Maybe it just got banged up in delivery. Guess we'll know for sure if more people start reporting high FW Switches.

oranginasprite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will ship it back to amazon and go get one at best buy tomorrow. Not dealing with RMA crap. They can keep it. Unrelated but the crappy delivery company left it in the public entrance of my building. By the garbage can. With the amazon box slightly torn open (the switch box was pristine). Amazon Prime has been going downhill as of late.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I am drunk.

Please make sure that you put a giant paper that said, "This item is defective: Cannot boot.", inside your package before it gets sent off. Amazon will handle this, and your help should be very wonderful.

Last edited by delete12345,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop scumbags update new-in-box 3DS consoles to the latest, install the download code that comes in the box to the console, and then closes them back up. Scumbags probably do the same shit with Switches too.

Reactions: peteruk

ParaGrosTas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, mine arrived just now from Amazon Canada with 3.0.1
Now I got 2 of them with this firmware. Dont know if I should update one and keep the other or return it.

Reactions: oranginasprite

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Fyi for people in NA your best bet to get a low FW is Toys R Us, since most people get their consoles from Target BB or Amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free