Hardware Amazon lists third party switch pro controller for $30, mid April release

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On IRC Arif linked up
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Retro-Fighters-Turbo-Controller/dp/B06XGYRHJK/

13th of April is set to be a release
Pictures from Amazon
41x-rnppCcL.jpg

41Lz-9VLhqL.jpg

No particularly interesting details in the description, certainly nothing on whether it needs an original to piggyback on of anything like that (if third party is free and clear to do what they like then that could be fun). Retailing for $30 which is a fairly big drop from the first party stuff.
For giggles we can also have the is turbo button cheating discussion too.

Dev site
http://retrofighters.com/
Their facebook which has not a lot but might be worth a bookmark
https://en-gb.facebook.com/retrofighters/

The same devs have a NES compatible controller of fairly similar design up on the site for $25, first listed last September, reviews of that are good
https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Fighters-Next-Gen-Controller-Compatible/dp/B01LMXTS9W/

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully the third party pro controllers for Switch are nothing like the third party pro controllers for Wii U.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not played with a third party controller I care to play with since the 16 bit era. That said we are now seeing some independently developed controllers and the company does seem to be coming from somewhere other than completely out of nowhere.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not played with a third party controller I care to play with since the 16 bit era. That said we are now seeing some independently developed controllers and the company does seem to be coming from somewhere other than completely out of nowhere.

ASCII pad on snes? That's one hell of a controller. Id like to see a 3rd party controller with the quality of the offical pro controller. then ill be impressed. The SNES ASCII Pad actually surpassed the official snes controllers. not because of the turbo, but because of the quality.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope that people realize that for $30 it probably doesn't have most of the features of the actual Pro controller. I wouldn't count on it having HD Rumble, Amiibo support, gyroscope (etc).

Reactions: Rudelof

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of these things are made using ghost shift or "failed" batches. Amiibo stuff is what a NFC reader, though they seem slightly more expensive so I might have to spec up some of those. Not to mention the console has it. No motion controls? Say it ain't so. That safe cracking game in 1 2 switch kind of made use of the rumble and the ball count thing was fun, otherwise fancy rumble is a bit of a gimmick.
That said I await someone holding it as controllers very much change with what is on the outside.

ASCII pad on snes?
Not sure. I used to buy third party pads out of a giant bin in the local game shop back then. Nobody complained about being given one when playing streets of rage or bomberman, fastforward a few years to the PS1 and N64 and third party pads there... not good.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the third party pro controllers for Switch are nothing like the third party pro controllers for Wii U.

I've got a Hudson "Joycard" controller for Famicom that works nicely.

Most Hori controllers I've ever tried work nicely.

That's my list of third party controllers for Nintendo systems that work nicely. Hope you enjoyed it.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already happen to found third party controller beter than the original so even if this one look crappy, it is still a good news
i would enjoy joycon with the right stick over and the left one under

iceberg303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope that people realize that for $30 it probably doesn't have most of the features of the actual Pro controller. I wouldn't count on it having HD Rumble, Amiibo support, gyroscope (etc).

Most probably. It all depends on what game you are playing and what features you need/want. Even w/o the motion and rumble features I'm still interested at $30. I'd be more interested at $20 but that wont happen for a new system.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It looks okay but for $30 don't go expecting Switch Pro Controller/Joy-Con technology. It'll just be the bare essentials and speaking of which, if the WiiU Pro Controller becomes compatible it'd make it the best "cheapest" controller to use on the Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I already happen to found third party controller beter than the original so even if this one look crappy, it is still a good news
i would enjoy joycon with the right stick over and the left one under
What controller is that?

Reactions: Alkéryn

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It looks okay but for $30 don't go expecting Switch Pro Controller/Joy-Con technology. It'll just be the bare essentials and speaking of which, if the WiiU Pro Controller becomes compatible it'd make it the best "cheapest" controller to use on the Switch.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What controller is that?
Not a switch one sorry, it was a ps3 one

S

Saiyan Lusitano

did anyone actualy got a hold of this controller? its sold out already.
I didn't but I checked the price and to Europe it was £33ish delivered with customs. Not too bad but at this point, you're better off just paying the extra for the Official Switch Pro Controller.

D

Deleted User

Low quality thumbsticks... If i'm going to buy that then it's going to be replaced for sure.
Man, do i seriously have to replace everything?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Low quality thumbsticks... If i'm going to buy that then it's going to be replaced for sure.
Man, do i seriously have to replace everything?
The plastic buttons look like they're very clicky and the analogue sticks probably make that cheap sound when it goes against the plastic case.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The plastic buttons look like they're very clicky and the analogue sticks probably make that cheap sound when it goes against the plastic case.
Grr. I even replaced my Wii U thumbsticks with Xbox One controller one's.
But it's a knock-off, what did i expect...

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone actualy got a hold of this controller? its sold out already.
I ordered back in March and my order is still on track to get here between mid May/June. If you go to the product page it says "Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I ordered back in March and my order is still on track to get here between mid May/June. If you go to the product page it says "Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
i wonder if anyone actualy got one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, spamton g spamton