AM2R dev gets hired at Moon Studios

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Nekomaru

Nekomaru Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Germany
    Truly amazing. So community work actually pays off! It's as surprising as if the team behind the translation of The Great Ace Attorney got hired to localize Layton's Mystery Journey :-)

2. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I guess this is the dream of many fangame makers, and His just got started! Good Luck there!

3. dronesplitter

dronesplitter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    He totally deserves it, AM2R is an incredible fan game to play, I loved it so much.

4. Subzero100

Subzero100 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    United States
    Hmm sounds strange i definitely wouldn't buy anything from them.

Last edited by Subzero100, Aug 7, 2017
  5. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    With all the shit in the world a happy ending like this is always welcomed.

Sophie-bear and Tomato Hentai like this.
  6. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    Go, dude go, show em what a decicated fan can do, and don't forget us little people.

Tomato Hentai and Xabring like this.
  7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    While many good people don't get rewarded for their good actions there are special times that it does happen, such as this one.

Congrats to the guy.

8. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Not to mention it's still easily found for download.

Xabring likes this.
  9. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Meanwhile, at their Kyoto headquarters...
    Nintendo has always treated their third and second party developers like garbage. And this is part of the reason that said devs usually abandon a console after an obliged year of marketing.

10. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yes to the rest, this one no. If you manage to set your Switch on fire you might be literally retarded. Most phones get hotter than Switch, and definitely every other console gets hotter. Natural result of the difference in power draw.

11. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I still find it hilarious how nintendo is bragging about what a hot seller the Nintendo switch is, when I've yet to know anyone among my circle of friends and contacts that's even seen a single one in stock or in stores.

As for it catching on fire? Well, that's not that hard to believe around here. It's been north of 100F every single day over the summer here. My Moto X Pure phone claims it might be getting warm-ish, but would be uncomfortably hot to hold while I'm gaming. Putting it in a case has made no difference. And Nintendo's design choice of giving it a nonremovable battery would certainly mean you're basically renting a console at $300.

Subtle Demise and Ace_Axel like this.
  12. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    AFAIK some of the smaller components are shared with iPhones, and Nintendo is having trouble procuring the amount of stock they need to manufacture as many units as they expected to. Then again, some areas do have plenty of stock while others are completely dry.

Naturally ambient temp is going to make a difference, but I think it'd be common sense to not play your Switch in direct sunlight at 100F. Enough time operating at that temp and any air-cooled device will melt (or just bsod and shut down). As far as the battery, it doesn't seem that hard to remove in tear-downs.

Xabring, lonewolf08 and Tomato Hentai like this.
  13. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    I think the irony is that Nintendo brought attention to it not by issuing the C&D. The Streisand effect turns out to be an employment tool. Kek

Ryccardo likes this.
  14. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    No amount of letters could stop me from making a game.... Id just complete it and then leak it. No on will know who made it.......

15. Pakhitew-Island

Pakhitew-Island GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    I mean, for all the people here saying this is what Nintendo should have done, I mean, their own Metroid 2 game was coming out, and knowing that now, the C and D was a perfectly logical thing to do since the game was most likely too far along for the devs to be needed anyways. We can be happy for the devs though, because it is nice.

Sophie-bear likes this.
  16. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    "A year ago, a fan project came out of the woodworks" haha what? anyone who kept up with the project knows it has been in development for like 6 years. it didnt just pop out out of the woodwork lol

17. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    wish him great success, Ori games are amazing, I look very much forward to the new one.

18. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Well this guy maybe is talented but sure he not smart though, at least he should change names or characters designs to avoid DMCA, he really wasted so much effort....

Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    I'm so happy for him! :D
    It's been a year since he released AM2R, so seeing him working on the new Ori sounds promising.
    In general, I have high expectations for the new Ori.

20. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Grats on him. The guy clearly knows his stuff, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it :D.

RedoLane likes this.