Alternative CMD (TP 253) Pinout?

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by MAXLEMPIRA, Feb 21, 2016.

1. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Hello Temp!! Hope Someone could help me! Accidentally broke CMD Pinout by pulling my mod with a really badly pulse... if someone could say me if there is another pinout where I can put the mod or where can I scrape to uncover the copper and solder... please!! I tried to downgrade it and got a Brick, can't enter in Recovery Mode, fortunately I've made this mod and backup my NAND.... but now this is my problem... T- T Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot to mention this is a 3DS XL... I'll upload some pics

EDIT 2: Sorry for the post on a wrong place, can some moderator move to the right place, please

EDIT 3: Some pics:

[​IMG]

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA, Feb 22, 2016

2. mammastuffing

mammastuffing GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2015
    Just by looking at the PCB looks like this should be an alternate point.

Attached Files:

3. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    yeah... but I think that this pic is from a N3DS :S mine is an O3DS XL :S can't find something like that on my MOBO x, x

4. mammastuffing

Aug 7, 2015
    Oh sorry, misread. Looks like the 3DS XL is a bit tougher.

Since I don't have a 3DS XL I can't check myself but there should be a solder point on the other side of the pcb.

You need to find THIS point on the other side of the pcb and trace it to a point where you can solder.
    point.jpg

Edit**

From what I can make out from some images it looks like the point should be this one below. I can't make out from any pictures if there is a trace going from that point to the resistor, but if there is a trace you should be able to use the side of the resistor closest to the point as an alternate point.

alt.jpg

Note, I don't have access to the real think so you will need to find the exact point yourself, but if it's not the one in the picture it should be nearby.

Last edited by mammastuffing, Feb 21, 2016
  5. Ivan Garcia

Ivan Garcia GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm in the same situation as you. I you have found the other point... Can you say me which one is? Thx!

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  6. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Ok, I've discover something based on other images, hope you can help me...

This image is telling me, that CMD is M5 on the eMMC
    [​IMG]

So, there is no point to connect CMD Pinout to CMD on eMMC... and really can't find it on the other side of the MOBO, here I left an image of what I can find looking very carefully:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: If MOBOs between N3DS and O3DS are similar... then I can guess that the resistor from N3DS that you've said me first time, is C123 (In Yellow)? Apparently C123 it's the most nearby to CMD... By the way... as far as I know... CMD is used for a response on eMCC? What can happen if I use a wrong Pinout, or if I don't use it, it just won't work?? Thanks for help!! :)

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA, Feb 22, 2016
  7. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    the only possible point of cmd is under the cartridge slot , i can point you on the o3ds to the resistor that cmd is connected to , but i don't have a o3dsxl without the slot cartridge
    remove the game catridge slot and i'll show you exactly the cmd point(it's the 2nd resistor , top point)

Last edited by mitroux, Feb 22, 2016
    MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  8. Spore2

Spore2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2016
    I'll look for it when I find time then update you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Still, I think you should check with a multimeter if any part of the old contact still remains. I can see a bit of solder still left.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  9. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    thanks, yeah... i discover some copper, but it's not from the pinout :C, I would appreciate too much if you can help me

10. mammastuffing

Aug 7, 2015
    Does it show in this picture?

[​IMG]

11. Spore2

Spore2 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2016
    3ds_xl_board.jpg

Found it. Marked it on the board

12. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    not that clear , (since the pic is taken from side) but here is the cmd point

Attached Files:

13. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
  14. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    the point that spore2 mentioned is wrong....also don't heat that resistor too much or you can lift it ; better use a smalllllll wire and a thin solder iron

15. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Thanks for advice, I've destroyed the cartridge... but anyway, I want more to revive my 3DS, later I'll buy one, these are the wires and solder I'm using, should I change something?

[​IMG]

16. mammastuffing

Aug 7, 2015
    Personally I'd use a thinner wire for the alternate cmd but it should work if you've steady hands. :-)

Also, I recommend you use some flux.

17. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    sorry for my bad english, with flux, you mean the grease thing??

18. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    look , before starting soldering , replace the borad to the 3ds shell and fix it
    then you can start soldering
    also those wires are really a problem , you can easily remove that little resistor
    and when you are done soldering , fix the wires to the board with a little tape , so you won't remove the remaing solder points

and since you don't have a game cartrifge slot now , you can, just direct the wires from that point to the outside

19. mammastuffing

Aug 7, 2015
    Yeah, it comes in different forms but "grease" is one. The purpose is to make the solder "stick" to the copper easier.

20. MAXLEMPIRA
    OP

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    Ok thanks both of you for your help, I'll using phone wire for CMD, and yeah, I was thinking of put right there the mod while I get a new cartridge slot, I'll update when I finish the job, please, whishme luck :P

F***!! I'm starting to think that my solder iron is heating too much... now I need a new CLK Pinout... T- T, I must say that this have never happened to me... and it sad that this happened twice with the same 3DS... T- T